VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple of questions.... I crashed my ride, and am now back in the search for a Jetta or Golf.... Is the Jetta GT the same as the Golf Gti... if not whats the difference... and would 12" sub fit in a Jetta trunk....
Just two simple questions..

· Registered
22,765 Posts
Re: 97 Jetta (Kappademus)

a jetta GT would be on par with a GTi... same 2.0 motor, some "sporty" looking things... alloys, sideskirts, cloth seats (not big bolstered like a GTi though) smoked tails, spoiler, silver gauges, etc...
as for the sub... umm, sure, why not? you cold probably get at least three 12'' subs in there.

· Registered
2,367 Posts

well, nothing really between the GLS and GT besides a few fancy little options in the GT...as for the GLX, you get the VR6 motor which is a definate advantage over the GLS and GT's 2.0 4-cylinder...
The GT and GLX look the same (Smoked tails, and GLX Fogs) on the outside, but are plenty different under the hood.
a quote.....a reasonable one for a 97-98 GT with 100K Miles, I'd say about $6000 (give or take)
I paid $6200 for my 97 GT with 70K miles...It depends on the condition of the car itself as well.......
Hope this helped a little

Modified by JettaGT383 at 3:43 AM 1-8-2004

· Registered
589 Posts
Re: 97 Jetta (ZoomBoy)

Ok well I have a 1997 jetta gt that I got last april for $7300 with 58500 miles on it. It runs and looks good as well, I love that car. and I also have one 12" sub in my car on the side in the trunk out of the way, but yeah you could put like 3 or 5 12" in here the trunks VERY big!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I say if you can get one thats good for not a lot of money I would do it. The 2.0 not isn't that bad, yes it doesn't have a lot of power but it does good on gas and thats a plus, it's a lot of fun to drive too. But if you can get a VR6 for not a lot of money then I would have to say buy it man, you will LOVE driveing that thing!! Any way you go you will have a great car to drive and you will love it.

· Registered
769 Posts

The K2, Wolfsburg, GT and Trek Jettas are all nicely equipped. And to the fool who was bashing on the GT seats... my Wolfsburg has awesome sporty seats. Bolstered, just like in a GTi. I'm not sure if the GT has them, but if a Wolfy does, it's a safe bet that the GT just might have them too.

· Registered
22,765 Posts
Re: 97 Jetta (felixthecat)

Quote, originally posted by felixthecat »
The K2, Wolfsburg, GT and Trek Jettas are all nicely equipped. And to the fool who was bashing on the GT seats... my Wolfsburg has awesome sporty seats. Bolstered, just like in a GTi. I'm not sure if the GT has them, but if a Wolfy does, it's a safe bet that the GT just might have them too.

actually, the 97 GT doesn't have big bolsters. they're just like GL seats, but they have the sport cloth instead of standard velour, just no bolsters. i THINK the 98 GT may have gotten the bolsters though.
similarly, the 96 trek and 97 K2 didn't get bolsters either, just the flat GL seats with sport cloth, but the 97 trek and 98 K2's got bolsters.
the 98 K2 is basically exactly on par with the 98/99 WE's. although fairly rare, another VERY good model to look into if you want all the options but in a 2.0 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,022 Posts
Re: 97 Jetta (kitty)

i dont know kitty- ive got a 97 GT and its got decent bolsters - definetly different than the almost-flat GL or GLS seats. my seats also have that crazy fiesta pattern that lets you know it was made south of the border. im not sure if there is a difference between them and gti seats, other than the pattern (maybe a slightly smaller bolster), but nevertheless, the ive got a 97 with bolsters...

· Registered
22,765 Posts
Re: 97 Jetta (DarkDub97)

Quote, originally posted by DarkDub97 »
i dont know kitty- ive got a 97 GT and its got decent bolsters - definetly different than the almost-flat GL or GLS seats. my seats also have that crazy fiesta pattern that lets you know it was made south of the border. im not sure if there is a difference between them and gti seats, other than the pattern (maybe a slightly smaller bolster), but nevertheless, the ive got a 97 with bolsters...

well yes, they have SOME bolster to them, but not nearly as big as the GTi bolsters.

· Registered
1,022 Posts
Re: 97 Jetta (kitty)

dddddddddaaaayyyyuuumm them must be some big bolster. im looking into getting new seats, and i thought about taking advantage of the FK post-Christmas sale, but if I can get bigger bolsters from gti seats ill stick with OEM.
so does that mean that GLX leathers have smaller bolsters than VR6 gti leathers?
holy ish...5 12's??? got a pic? Id like to see that for myself

Modified by DarkDub97 at 7:15 PM 1-11-2004

· Registered
2,314 Posts

Jetta GT, Trek, K2 and Wolfie also have rear disc brakes vs. GL and GLS with drums.

· Registered
22,765 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DarkDub97 »
dddddddddaaaayyyyuuumm them must be some big bolster. im looking into getting new seats, and i thought about taking advantage of the FK post-Christmas sale, but if I can get bigger bolsters from gti seats ill stick with OEM.
so does that mean that GLX leathers have smaller bolsters than VR6 gti leathers?

maybe you've got a very late 97 or something. no, all GLX's and GTi's (2.0 and VR6) have the same big bolster seats (aside from the GTi ones being able to flip forward)
but the 97 GT's i've seen have flat seats, they may have changed it towards the end.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.