VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
topic explains it all, it leaks pretty fast ill be in the driveway for like a half hour and there will be a little pudle when I leave...I tightened up the plug pretty tight I think but it is still leaking...what is goin on here?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Re: (DOHCVR6)

i dont know, i just kinda have been ignoring it for the past month

i probably should get around to looking at it, but i have too much other stuff to worry about

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (dubstylee)

Yea I see where you are coming from, do you add oil every once and a while or what?

·
Registered
772 Posts

here is what you do, you drain ur oil, take the pug out and if there is a metal gasket around i then u replace it, if there is no metal gasket around the drain plug u buy one for it, or you can just buy a whole new plug and gasket

·
Registered
17,937 Posts

From the drain plug area......did you replace the washer on the drain plug at your last oil change? If not, then you should every time you change the oil.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Re: (VikingVR6GTI)

Quote, originally posted by VikingVR6GTI »
From the drain plug area......did you replace the washer on the drain plug at your last oil change? If not, then you should every time you change the oil.

yeah i am almost 100% positve that is my problem, i bought a cheap-ass fram filter for my VR, and it didnt come with a replacement crush washer
i have 3 OEM filters and washers in the garage from potter's, so i will get around to that next time i change my oil in a week or two

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (TrueDubFan)

I bought a new plug and it came with a rubber gasket...do I take the metal washer off the old plug and put it on the new plug along with rubber gasket?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts