VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sold
never thought id do it but im going to part with my gti to buy a TT. i love this car and its a lot of fun to drive i want to keep it and buy a TT but the wife says something has got to go we dont have the space or $$ for the upkeep on 5 cars (even if 2 dont run right now)
the goods :
hella dual rounds
european flares smoothed/painted
color matched mirror bases and door handles
audi tt wheels
slotted front rotors (have rears to go with)
hella all red tails
weitec 60/40 kit
eurosport rear strut brace
conrero shift trim ring
new beeetle headrests
jetta rear seat (60/40)
mk3.5 cabby leather door panels
all the DE goodies (golf ball shift knob, red stitched wheel, shift boot, and ebrake boot)
european headlight switch
giac chip
k&n open filer with a lexan heat shield.
new last 6 months:
water neck
low temp thermostat and fan switch
gruven parts metal rad hose connector
sepentine belt
plugs
plug wires
coilpack
optima red top battery
windshield
new last year:
transmission (bought with less than 39k on it)
MAF
throttle body
window reg (pass side)
slotted front rotors (have rears to go with)
other:
mobile 1 synthetic used since i got the car at 50k, changed at 4k regularly.
mintex all around just over a year ago.
Needs:
in my opinion it needs paint. the stock paint isnt bad but its ginster stage 1 paint. they all get oxidized because of the lack of clear coat. also the car was in a small fender bender about 3 years ago. the hood and fender were replaced (oem vw parts) and the paint on them is in much better shape and the color looks off under certain lights. same goes for the flares....they were clear cloated when painted so they have held up better and look a different color in the right light. when everything was first painted it matched up fine but time has taken its toll on the stock paint. i ve been meaning to paint the whole thing. its not terrible, just something that always irked me.
needs an auxillary fan control unit. the only thing this effect is theat the fan continues to run for 10 minutes after the car is turned off. ive been meaning to get one from a vortexer parting out a vr car but just never got around to it.
the CEl is on (big shock) throwing a code for secondary air. this comes and goes.
currrently the car has an eclipse head unit and some cdt speakers and, 2sony amps, sirius satelite radio, and a custom built sub enclosure with a cadence 12 that fits the left side of the hatch. unless the buyer wants to make a deal on the stereo stuff, i will be taking it with me and putting the stock speakers back in and a panasonic cd player that i have here.
the roof rack bars can go with the car but the basket and bike racks im keeping.
also any spare mk3 parts i have can go with it
looking for $6500

Modified by redstar at 1:01 PM 3-12-2006

Modified by redstar at 9:00 AM 3-13-2006

Modified by redstar at 8:30 PM 3-13-2006

Modified by redstar at 8:24 PM 3-19-2006

Modified by redstar at 8:24 PM 3-19-2006

Modified by redstar at 12:44 AM 3-26-2006

Modified by redstar at 3:23 PM 3-30-2006

· Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (vdubberadoG60)

it sounds great... it has a slight ticking sound when running that its had since the day i bought it. its never gotten any louder and i was told that it was the sound of the timing chain and if isomething was wrong it would be loud.
shifts good, the tranny is fairly new. i wish it had a short shifter but thats a different issue.

· Registered
Corolla Hatchback
8,994 Posts
Re: (vdubberadoG60)

Having just driven the car on Sat. and ridden in it many times I will say it sounds very healthy. It's never sputtered and has always felt super strong and pulls nicely. It shifts very smooth and is a typical VR6 tranny. I'd drive it where ever with out a second thought.
edit: I've owned a VR6 before and done the chains, his are making no noise at all.

Modified by iamnotemo at 12:22 AM 3-13-2006

· Registered
271 Posts
Re: (ChristoffRudolff)

I'll keep an eye on this one. I can't see the price your are asking (I have the same car in black), but I will be there when you drop the price with cash in hand. How far are you from Woodbridge VA?

· Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (IBD12NV)

im 3 hours from woodbridge.
i think the price is pretty fair. there are a few other similar vehicles closer to stock on the tex with asking prices of 8000. you can submit your best offer and see what happens. i dont NEED to sell the car so im in no hurry to drop the price.

· Registered
3,478 Posts
Re: (redstar)

Yet another VAPOR dub going away...

Bump for one sweet and clean ride. I think he's exaggerated the color issues though, the thing looks good!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
Corolla Hatchback
8,994 Posts
Re: (rickyboy)

Quote, originally posted by rickyboy »
Yet another VAPOR dub going away...

Bump for one sweet and clean ride. I think he's exaggerated the color issues though, the thing looks good!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Agreed, as the official detailer of his car I can say that the paint is pretty darn good for a single stage.

· Registered
3,823 Posts
Bump for a good guy and a sweet MKIII. Buy it before we convince him to keep it at our next GTG.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.