VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think its the motor mount ,when i was changing the spark plugs and wires i was taking off the intake manafold and there and there was a bolt still attached in the back and it broke , and now when i start my car the car shakes and some times makes a quacking nose(sounds like it maybe be the starter but im not sure) and it takes about 3 times of starting it to get it to stay stared and it idles really low so i have to give it gas .but a friend of mine said he had the same problum with one of his rabbits .and the car burns oil and my friend said it could be cuz of the brokin motor mount . he said the engine shakes so much that its shaking the oil into the exhust and it usly only smokes when the car first startes but sometimes i can smell it burning oil. It broke about a year ago and i never really realize it , but then when i thought it made sense to me and around the time that that happend i noticed i didnt have as much power or as much punch as i use to have .
can this be possble and is it something that is worth fixing and by just fixing the motor mount(if that is the motor mount) will my car start better and not burn oil??

·
Registered
816 Posts
a broken motor mount will not affect your car by not letting it start and burning oil...
a motor mount would just cause the engine to move more then it should caussing some noise like bagging and nocking and you would feel it in the body of the car..
you on the other hand have a bigger problem then just an engine mount.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 99 ,2.0 ,brokin motor mount (roll4ever98)

alright thanks man , i just thought that thatmight be why it wasnt starting right and buring oil and ect ,well i might just try to get some money up and put in a new motor , but thanks for the help man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.