VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Jetta to the VW dealer in my area and they are saying that the TB will not adapt and they want me to buy a new one. Has anyone ever heard of a TB doing this? They said the O2 sensor is also needing to be replaced. All I am trying to find out is if the dealer is trying to rip me off? They want to charge around 640.00 to do all this.
The car was wrecked in july of 2002 and it was sitting for a while, then I started driving it and everything ran fine. Then I parked it and started doing the body work when I got the new window in and the car painted it would idle fine but if you tried to drive it you would have throttle up to 3000rpm and it would just drop off.
Can anyone suggest what I should do because my car is sitting at the dealers right now!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Re: 99.5 2.0 Throttle Body won't adapt ([email protected])

My throttle body wouldn't adapt about a month ago. I wound up having to replace the DBW thottle body and I knew this because a small plastic clip shot into the intake from behind the MAF screen and the TB miraculously closed on the clip. I am actually thankful for this since I have no idea what melted plastic would have to a cylinder wall.
When it wouldn't adapt, I couldn't find any help on the vortex and my Bentley didn't saying anything about the TB not adapting except for try it again. I hope this is not your case and you can run a flawless adaptaion since my dealer wanted to charge me about $600 just for the TB but I got it at a junkyard for $200. I wish you the best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts