VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to the VW world so I would appreciate any and all help... On my way home from Tampa this weekend my car started bucking almost like it was cutting fuel, I pulled over checked the codes and there was a P1128 which I think was the MAF. I unplugged it and it seemed to go away figured I needed a new MAF but was going to replace this weekend. Well I have not replaced it yet but it started again yesterday and I checked the codes and what I got was below

P0102
P0112
P1128
P0300
P0303
P0302
P1300

Thinking that I may have a bad injector not certain, but I have a VAG-COM cable on its way so I can diagnose better. I fear that it may not make it before I get the cable and need to get it fixed. Any kind of info would be helpful.

Thank You

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok.. so here are what the error codes are reflecting to be problems, Where is my real issue here...

P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
P0112 Intake Air temperature sensor 1 circuit low input
P1128 Long Term Fuel Trim mult., Bank 1 System too lean
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0303 Cyl.3 Misfire Detected
P0302 Cyl.2 Misfire Detected
P1300 Misfire detected Reason: Fuel level too low (I had 3/4 tank of gas when it happened)

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Start by cleaning the MAF and replacing the spark plugs with NGK BKUR6ET-10, if that doesn't work... then most likely new MAF.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Ok so whats the best way to clean the MAF, and would it cause the misfires in Cyl 2/3?

Thanks and glad to be here on vortex.
MAF cleaner or electrical cleaner from any auto supply store, there are many DIYs on the internet on how to do it, pretty much you remove the maf housing and spray it down with cleaner, dont touch anything in it and just let it dry and re-install... and bad MAF readings will provoke misfires.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok... so I cleaned the MAF and plugs.... still misfires on an off. I did find some vacuum leaks so I will try to finish fixing them Monday. I have to get a hose (no freakin clue what its called) from the dealer, the local auto parts don't carry.

Not sure if the MAF is good or not, it misfires and when I unplug the MAF it still misfires doesn't get any better. So does that mean my MAF is not working?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You should change your spark plugs as well while your at it. They dont cost alot and could make things run alot smoother. :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.