VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

Registered
RS3, JKU
Depends, if they raised the rev limiter I'll guess it does 86. 馃ぃ
I would love one of these cars one day, but that part takes away so much of the luster. Utterly useless on the street really. Maybe a GTS or something is a better choice for the street but I don't think they are much better in this regard.

Registered
So that's what I saw! Saw a black one that looked just like the one above with Florida plates in Torrance, CA right next to the Porsche Experience last week.

Premium Member
I would love one of these cars one day, but that part takes away so much of the luster. Utterly useless on the street really. Maybe a GTS or something is a better choice for the street but I don't think they are much better in this regard.
but so are most modern super cars. This car is obviously better suited for a track

Registered
S2000
My biggest complaint with the 992 is how high the rear light bar is.

Look at the 993 and 964, the light bar is at or below the top of the tire. Here it's above, makes the car look a bit diaperish.

None of that would matter at 9k RPM though :p

Super Moderator
It鈥檚 clear that a lot of people - even car people - are so tired of cheesy body kits and overdone wings, that even when the wing is fully functional and on the appropriate car, they鈥檙e seriously turned off.
Strictly for aesthetics, I prefer the look of a Touring GT3, and seeing the GT cars with wings in traffic reinforces that... but I definitely prefer more downforce on a rear-engine sports car with about 600hp.

Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
That wing...woof. Hope there鈥檚 a touring.
Ugly for sure, but, as you probably already know, it increases the surface area of the bottom of the wing and increases downforce as a result. Ugly, but effective.

I'd opt for a touring spec without the nasty spoiler. Not that I can afford it.

Edit: Nealric already covered this on page one. I didn't read far enough before posting.

Premium Member
I put a Senna in hyper car category. I truly believe Turbo S and GT cars are pretty much super cars these days.
If the 992 Turbo S isn't a supercar, I don't know what is. It's only because it's a 911 variant (no bad thing) that it's not immediately seen as a supercar, imo.

Registered
Don't Like The Wing. Old wing was better! This looks like a touring car wing. Other than that, I like it! GT3 is a bad ride! My favorite car aside from 993 twin turbo.

Registered
RS3, JKU
Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the difference either. Are they suggesting that you can do an H-pattern like shift sequence for the pdk now? Or just a simple sequential, which would be like the previous gen PDK gear-lever?
I took it to mean the + and - were reversed (and therefore correct) but I think it was been that way in GT cars for a while now

Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
GT3s are one of those cars where any generation seems like an absolute joy in their own way. Never driven any, but I can imagine how fun they are. Definitely been passed by many though. :)

And that functional wing is great.

Registered
Wonder if the sh!t headlight coating is still standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
It's a NA flat 6 still revving to 9K. All else about it secondary to me. 鉂
I need to take this glass half full approach. 911s are getting a bit formulaic to me. But man what a formula.

Premium Member
OK I rewatched this and they are referring to the regular 992s not having the tall PDK lever shifter. The GT3 will have that.
Meaning the regular 992 and any other PDK equipped P-car is still backwards on the lever and + is forward while - is pull back?

That would drive me insane. Have the p-cars really been backwards? From my 2004 330ci to my 2016 M4 BMW got this right from the start. It's funny, my Q50 was, expectedly the wrong way so if I was shifting it was purely the paddles. My E46 and F82 though, I usually use the lever to upshift but the left paddle to down shift. Subconsciously I think I still miss rowing the gears and this right handed habit has stuck with me.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts