VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,168 Posts
Keep in mind, too, that the 4.0 is a limited-run car unlike a regular RS.

Is this the first car ever to double in value within 5 years of being produced? :eek:
Definitely not. 918s are doubling in value too :laugh:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
That is crazy how expensive they are now. So do people daily drive GT3 RS's or do they just stay in storage as investments? Are they really that much better to drive than 991 Carrera, Carrera S, or Turbo that they are worth that kind of premium?

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
That is crazy how expensive they are now. So do people daily drive GT3 RS's or do they just stay in storage as investments? Are they really that much better to drive than 991 Carrera, Carrera S, or Turbo that they are worth that kind of premium?
I don't have direct experience, but I understand that they are extremely harsh rides- not really daily driver material. They tend to have lower miles as a result. As for better I don't know- they are certainly more rare.

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,168 Posts
They're way more hardcore and track-oriented than the models you listed.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.