VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys
anyone in here know at what point there are piston/valve clearance issues? we haven't purchased a big cam yet, so i have not way to know if there will be problems.
i have a feeling that we will be going with one of the web cams -- probably not the largest one they have, but definitely one of the bigger ones.
anyone have experience with this? i have someone machining custom pistions and they need to know if there needs to be any valve reliefs cut in them.
help is appreciated.
working on a monster motor for 08....

Thanks
Craig

Modified by Shrttrackr at 5:03 PM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Re: 9A/JH Combo -- Piston/Valve Clearance Issues (Shrttrackr)

Quote, originally posted by Shrttrackr »

anyone have experience with this? i have someone machining custom pistions and they need to know if there needs to be any valve reliefs cut in them.
Modified by Shrttrackr at 5:03 PM 10-29-2007

I"m not speaking from experience although I'm suprised no one has chimed in as I know it's been done by a few around here. My opinion.....have the valve reliefs cut, it's just safer that way. And when you're adjusting valve lash you might not have to take the engine off tdc just to turn the cam......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.