VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound stupid, I'm pretty new to the whole tuning scene, so please bare with me. I've got an 87 Scirocco with a 2.0 16V (9A) i've got quite a few mods done to it but have now grown bored with the power, so I've started my 16VT buildup. I have an O2O tranny, but I hear it won't last too long and many people say to go with a O2J which I believe is from the MKIV Golfs and Jettas right? Would it be at all possible to opt for an O2M ( MKIV Jetta Golf 6 Speed ?) Or is this impossible? I'd also like to mate it to a Quaife LSD. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

(Taken From Manual Transmission Forum)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: 9A --> O2M? (--Klutched--)

anything is possible given enough money. The bell housing should fit if the tranny is off a 1.8t, everything else, well, you'll be the first to find out. For example, you will probably need custom mounts, some sort of hydro clutch setup, speedo gear is an unknown, axles. 02A/J is a known doable and probably easier.

gl

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Re: (Dumitru)

they make an affordable 6 speed gear kit for the 020, $2000 to $3000 depending on where you buy it.
They also make a 6 speed tranny that costs $15000

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: (Freerevving)

Quote, originally posted by Freerevving »
they make an affordable 6 speed gear kit for the 020, $2000 to $3000 depending on where you buy it.

got a link or part # ? You're not confusing this with the 02A kit are you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts