VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
If you're not worried about concealing it look at a G34. With the right trigger they are really nice to shoot. They are even pretty good with the stock 5lb trigger that Glock puts in them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Was just thinking about purchasing another pistol. Sold my HK USP awhile back but thinking about Beretta PX4 compact. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm not really a striker pistols kind of person and prefer DA/SA.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Was just thinking about purchasing another pistol. Sold my HK USP awhile back but thinking about Beretta PX4 compact. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm not really a striker pistols kind of person and prefer DA/SA.
They shoot very nice. I just can't get over the looks. They are some of the ugliest guns to me. I don't know the dimensions off-hand, but if I remember, they were a pretty wide pistol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
They shoot very nice. I just can't get over the looks. They are some of the ugliest guns to me. I don't know the dimensions off-hand, but if I remember, they were a pretty wide pistol.
I went to a range 2 years ago with a friend and we tried it out. It shot pretty nice from what I recall and can be had for a descent price. I always liked HKs but not looking to spend $800 at the moment this time around so looking for alternatives.

·
17,761 Posts
I went to a range 2 years ago with a friend and we tried it out. It shot pretty nice from what I recall and can be had for a descent price. I always liked HKs but not looking to spend $800 at the moment this time around so looking for alternatives.
There's always Glock.

I've always like the M&P line from S&W. I think my next purchase, though, will be a 9mm in the 1911 platform.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I recently bought a Glock 45 it's also called the 19x if you get it in brown. It's what the Army is shifting to from the M9. I'm a fan of it. It's uses the 17 lower so you get the full sized grip and a 19 upper so it's compact. The 19 lower is small. I have a 23 also which is a 19 chambered in .40cal and while it conceals pretty nicely the grip is small and it's not that comfortable to shoot. I have modded triggers in both the Glocks. 1.5lbs...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I recently bought a Glock 45 it's also called the 19x if you get it in brown. It's what the Army is shifting to from the M9. I'm a fan of it. It's uses the 17 lower so you get the full sized grip and a 19 upper so it's compact. The 19 lower is small. I have a 23 also which is a 19 chambered in .40cal and while it conceals pretty nicely the grip is small and it's not that comfortable to shoot. I have modded triggers in both the Glocks. 1.5lbs...
Unfortunately, I am not a glock fan. I never warmed up to it by my old friends swear by them. My friends are either Glock or HK people. I'm looking for alternatives. For some odd reason, the Px4 keeps coming into my mind, even though it is butt ugly but not sure it is that great, outside of the trigger. That safety though....:what:

·
17,761 Posts
iirc, Glock did not get the contract; SIG got it. The 19x was the Glock submission. However, the US military requires a thumb safety, which Glock won't do.

·
17,761 Posts

·
Banned by John until they unbanned me
9,077 Posts
Interesting. I know that Glock was pissed it didn't get the contract, and the few gun media outlets I followed, nothing was really clear. I think they just assumed Glock didn't make a thumb safety, hence it was denied. That might be the first time I've ever seen that version, and it's 3 years old.
Glock makes those for small (non-US) government contracts that require them. Over the years, people have suggested changes to the G17 design that would be received well in the US market. I don't recall if it was a quote, or a message relayed by a minion, but the substance of his response is that despite the US market accounting for much of his revenue, he had no interest in accommodating it.

At least when I read that, it wasn't a matter of preserving "Glock Perfection" as a marketing strategy, or the US distributor catering to the "My safety is between my ears" crowd. Gaston himself seemed to have near contempt for US customers.

Since then, we've seen some of the suggestions accepted and produced, single stack and concealed carry items, but the thumb safety isn't one I've ever seen IRL.

·
17,761 Posts
CBP made some suggestions on how to fix the G17... it’s called the G47. LOL
It's funny that the differences are so small. MOS and a frame about 3/8" shorter. Other than that, it looks basically the same as my Gen5 17.

And now the G17 has a MOS option.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts