VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
6301 - 6320 of 6333 Posts

·
Registered
15,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,302 ·
Oh, I still live. I found another TT a year ago, the first went in 2015. What happened on the A3?
In 2016, I was driving to work and I started getting smoke from the hood and exhaust. Limped the car home and had it towed to my shop.

They said gaskets were blown and there were other diagnostics that had to occur. Rather then pay for the repairs and extra troubleshooting, I sold the car as-is to someone for a decent amount.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
In 2016, I was driving to work and I started getting smoke from the hood and exhaust. Limped the car home and had it towed to my shop.

They said gaskets were blown and there were other diagnostics that had to occur. Rather then pay for the repairs and extra troubleshooting, I sold the car as-is to someone for a decent amount.

Well I guess that's just how it goes. Any old clips of the exhaust note? It was just being wrapped up last I remember lol

·
Registered
6,584 Posts

·
Registered
3.2l A3 & 20v Rabbit
17,690 Posts
Looks sharp! I keep trolling all the car sites looking to get back into one or replace my wife’s car with one.
They pop up from time to time. I went to look at one a few weeks ago and it was a complete POS. I know they won’t be perfect or near as clean as my old one was when I sold it, but still. This one has it’s flaws. Already ordered a few hundred in replacement interior parts to refresh worn/ugly pieces plus it needs some minor paint work done.

I really wanted another Ibis White car though. Oh well.

Beauty man! Nice work

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I’m really happy to be in a 3.2 this time around.

Tommy

Hey there old friend!

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
They pop up from time to time. I went to look at one a few weeks ago and it was a complete POS. I know they won’t be perfect or near as clean as my old one was when I sold it, but still. This one has it’s flaws. Already ordered a few hundred in replacement interior parts to refresh worn/ugly pieces plus it needs some minor paint work done.

I really wanted another Ibis White car though. Oh well.

Thanks! I’m really happy to be in a 3.2 this time around.

Hey there old friend!
Yesss 3.2 is the best of the A3s! I definitely miss the sound of mine. The 034 intake on the new allroad helped and I do love some good turbo noises.

·
Registered
15,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,311 ·
Yesss 3.2 is the best of the A3s! I definitely miss the sound of mine. The 034 intake on the new allroad helped and I do love some good turbo noises.

I'm jealous of the 034. I just picked up one from RocEuro for the sound. Should arrive tomorrow.

·
Registered
3.2l A3 & 20v Rabbit
17,690 Posts

I wish my first A3 had the 3.2, but the 2.0T with manual was bearable with the 42DD exhaust. I am mostly looking to keep it OEM+ and get it back in better overall condition. It will get a suspension overhaul and minor exhaust work. Nothing too crazy as it will just be my daily driver.

I’m just glad to not have to drive around in a 17’ land-yacht on 20”s with 30 series tires now, haha. I will miss my LS430 but it wasn’t a particularly useful car. The A3 will be much easier to use for my needs (really missed having a hatch).

I really do miss this look though:

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
I like it.
Yea a very nice oem plus fitment. Sounds great too.

Got S4 mirror caps and dynamic osram turn signals coming next. Then summer wheels and that might be it for this year.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
It's been a long time but, hey all. Still rollin in mine (though is legitimately the last year and it's well past time for something faster). Cheers everyone.
Oh man everyone coming out of the shadows!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Oh man everyone coming out of the shadows!

Haha yeah. I actually need a headlight ballast and didn't want to pay the $600+ the dealer wants but I figured I'd check in. At least I'm pretty sure it's the ballast. The passenger will dip and then if I cycle the lights it'll come right back on.

6301 - 6320 of 6333 Posts