VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the dealer front license plate holder on for a while I decided to take it off. I removed it and saw two half dollar sized holes drilled in my bumper. Later in the day I go to my Dentist and was leaving when tragedy struck. I pushed in the stick and slid it over thinking it was reverse. When I began rolling forward I figured I was on a slant so gave it a bit more gas... well it was in first gear. I hit the camry parked adjacent to me. I hit it head on and it recieved no damage because its license plate took the brunt of the hit. My freshly exposed was not so fortunate. I recieved two screw indents right above my bumper and two lines from the outside of the plate on the bumper. So now instead of having just my bumper fixed I got to have the area right below the grill fixed as well. Moral of the story

·
Registered
674 Posts
Re: A bad day. (1.8_Phreak)

yeah if you go to one in Woodbridge
Called Autovision collision center (if I'm not mistaking thats the name) they do a killer job
It's Right beside Karen Bradley VW and Acura dealership
I don't have the number here with me but As soon as get home I can get you the number
Good luck man

·
Registered
534 Posts

sucks, dude. sorry to hear.
re: body shops, nearly everyone recommends WagonWorks in Alexandria (near potomac yards, kind of).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: A bad day. (Weerez)

Lol, That's exaxtly what I told my parents trying to persuade them to pay for it. Sadly it didn't work.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

Was it just the front bumper strip? If so, then just replace that and dont get the hole drilled. Keep the plates off.

Sorry to hear about that, sux...

·
Registered
5,670 Posts

sucks man ... sorry to hear ... I had a big piece of tire fly into my face at 80mph
huge spots on the hood and when it hit the windshield it knocked my radar detector off

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: A bad day. (.:Reckless)

No the screw indents are above the front bumper strip
. I planned on keeping the front plate off since the car is registered in FL (back tags only).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: A bad day. (buccsmf1)

I have those two half dollar size holes in my bumper too.....I took that license plate holder off and COULDN'T believe that they would just drill straight into the bumper......Don't know what to do? I have just left the stupid thing on there without the plate....cause it looks like shhhaaat! Maybe I'll get a euro plate? Anyone experience these big arse holes and then but a euro plate on.....does it match up or do you have to drill more holes!? Maybe I'll take a pick axe to the hood like Homer and call them speed holes!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Re: A bad day. (GTI0109)

Front plates are mandatory here in Minnesota. But after I got my license plates from the dealer, I found out I've got the same two very large holes in my front bumper. That is so lame!! In the long run, I'm hoping to get an .:R32 front bumper over time. *shrug*

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Re: A bad day. (Zoku)

i am lucky i am totally undrilled front and rear
i dont use a front plate and my rear is in the hatch window
sorry to hear about your brain fart
good luck at the body shop

1 - 15 of 15 Posts