Thanks man! That's what I'm all about so if you're enjoying it so far there's more where that came from. I'm going to be aiming to finish the post on all the suspension work this weekend some time if time permits.Awesome thread. It’s great to read the details of why you chose to do what you did. Looking forward to more!
Thanks!! Really appreciate all the positive feedback so far, it’s making the time I’m putting into the write-ups feel worthwhile and I hope it is really helpful and educational to all readers.wow. what a treat! Hard to find a comprehensive thread/write up these days! Great job
Hi guys! The suspension post is live! It's the most comprehensive post yet and I'm sure those of you who have remarked on your enjoyment of that aspect of the thread so far will LOVE it (and hopefully learn a lot, which is always my primarily goal).
• Replace Wagner Tuning IC with TR8 FMIC/custom piping (to improve airflow to radiator at track)
• Remove Mishimoto radiator and revert back to OE radiator… after 1.5 years with the Mishi rad I am hard-pressed to see any benefit to water/coolant temps from it and I’ve heard from a few trusted sources that the cores are not particularly reliable (mine has been so far but I don’t want to risk it at the track). There are enough BT and track VWs with factory radiators and no water/coolant temp issues that I think I was getting ahead of myself with “upgrading”
• Delete AC/condenser to allow direct air flow straight to the radiator
• Replace factory oil cooler with BAR-TEK oil cooler connected to external 19-row air-cooled oil cooler mounted in place of deleted AC condenser (oil will be both water AND air cooled now)
• Remove/delete balance shaft units in oil pump (eliminates a major failure point, increases oil capacity to decrease odds of oil starvation during heavy cornering, reduced rotational mass on crankshaft)
• Convert Integrated Engineering valve cover/catch can setup to vent-to-atmosphere (VTA) filter setup routed under car (reduced upkeep needed at track when oil consumption is high)
• Install New South Performance oil pressure/oil temp gauges to double-gauge steering wheel pod (allows extra insight into running conditions of engine at track)
• Install WMI w/ post-turbo + post-intercooler + direct port injection nozzles for COOLING only, NOT to tune for additional power (this setup will allow dramatically lower intake air temps, combustion temps, exhaust gas temps, and thus a happier engine/turbo)