VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I parked my car the other day without a prob..... I got back in it and the A/C would not work ! So I take it to VW where I told them the problem and informed them that I am leaving for NC in the morning. I was told that there was nothing that they could do till next week.
So I got to NC and the local dealer got me right in http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and said it was a bad compressor. Has any one had to deal with this??

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: A/C Compressor broke!!! (classicjetta)

Not 100% on the buld date, but I know it is late 2005. I also got a call from the service guy at the dealership I took the car to on vacation, and was told the compresor is on back order
so I called my dealer in NY and told them I had it looked at in NC and the diagnosis was the compressor. Dealer in NY said "we cant take another dealers word on it, we still have to diagnose it". So this means I have to screw around for another 1/2 day at my dealership just to have them tell me what I know.
Oh and there is a TSB out for this?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Re: A/C Compressor broke!!! (2duckdub)

There was a thread recently that said that VW recently informed dealer parts departments not to use the compressors they had in stock because VW was switching to Sanden for replacement compressors. This implies that the compressors used on the current cars (the brand is Xenos or something like that) have quality problems. That's probably why the compressor is on back order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.