VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Chevy G20, 2002 GTI, 2004 R32, 2012 Jetta S
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be straight up. I was quoted about $450ish to replace the bearing in the ac clutch and thought that was a little outlandish...So, my question is, is there anyone in NE Ohio who knows how to do an A/C delete, for cheaper then that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: A/C Compressor Cluth Bearing HELP! (DUBitDOWN)

Or does anyone have an a/c compressor they dont use willing to sell? or the bearing, or...haha, **** i just don't wanna drop 450! i need my JOM coils..

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Re: A/C Compressor Cluth Bearing HELP! (DUBitDOWN)

Keep AC just replace the bearing on your own. Just need to pull away the compressor from the motor remove the clutch and press out the bearing. Will need 3x 3 in m6 or m8 bots and steering wheel puller. Rockauto had a bearing for my corrado but I did not see one for your GLX. Could change. Also there is a dorman Part # 34214 that eliminates the compressor without needing different belt.
I can check my spare parts compressor to see if mcmaster carr carries a bearing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: A/C Compressor Cluth Bearing HELP! (vwscream)

alright bud, thanks alot. what i might just do is bypass the a/c compressor with a belt designed for non-a/c cars. i never use it and, haha, i'd like to think it'll free up a hp or so

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.