VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF!!! It finally breaks 90 in Boston and my A/C quits with less than 5K miles on the odometer. When I parked the car at work this morning I heard a hissing sound from the front and saw some white smoke squirting from down low on the front bumper. I peeked in and saw a white plastic bead stuck to the radiator slowly melting and figured that was the source of the smoke. I'm now thinking that was a part of the coolant system that choose to abandon ship and let out all my coolant in the process. Time for my first ever VW service appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,063 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got a rock to my condenser last week on my road trip. The condenser cannot be repaired and needs to be replaced.

I detailed my issues here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7182730-Carolina-in-my-mind-trip-to-the-smokeys

I got VW to pay for the part. labor for the condenser replacement was 400.

This issue is not covered by warranty.

I'm sorry but if they tried to charge me money for a condenser going out on a brand new car is have to "take care" of a few people!! I'd be beyond pissed

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'm sorry but if they tried to charge me money for a condenser going out on a brand new car is have to "take care" of a few people!! I'd be beyond pissed
I would be a little bummed too but road hazard damage is never covered under warranty...it would be no different than a bird hitting the windshield and cracking it or a rock hitting the AC condenser...road hazards suck ....I had a rock kicked out of a set of duallies on a tow truck in front of me two months ago and it was like the matrix movie...my wife and I saw it coming at us slow mo like and then it somehow landed by the driver's tire, got sucked in under the tire, flung out off the inside of the fender ( I heard it) out to the tire and it took a funny bounce and literally went sideways over the driver fender and landed hard on the crease line of my front driver fender and then flew over the windshield...had to make an insurance claim for a new fender...if I took that to a dealer, I would get laughed at and I would deserve it...although it would be funny to try and see their reactions 😜

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.