24,098 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (mx5er)

A near mint condition Yenko Nova... verrrrry nice

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (cougar)

Quote, originally posted by cougar »
A Peter gets his chance to take us on his first dream car ride and he picks a real rare automobile with an estimate 7-10 left in existence. It’s also a car with a rich legacy that’s in near mint condition! We’re talking about the ultimate Yenko, which is actually a little Nova with a 427 stuffed into it! This little car is rarer than the infamous Yenko Camaro’s and the ’69 Chevelle and Peter feels in the next 6 months this little car will break all the sales records and should be worth over $300,000.00. An awesome price matched by an equally awesome performance. Due to the lightweight package of this car (it was a compact car for its day) with the 427 and 450 horsepower output this car was by far the fastest of the bunch! Peter takes the car to 60 mph and at a 4:10 gear ratio running around 3000 rpm this car will cap out at 125 mph. Which to Peter is just great because getting to that speed is where the fun begins

remember that is canadian dollars (which are a hair above the paso)
still alot of money for a car that will "cap out at 125 mph"

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (rempel)

fore i even saw the article, i figured it would be a Yenko. Those are crazy rare, and worth it.

·
Registered
35,307 Posts

Quote, originally posted by rempel »

Haha... hey, it's not that bad. 300k CDN = $219K USD.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

It will crap out because of the ludicrously short 4:10 gearing. Ergo, it's geared for better accelleration and 1/4 mile times, not top speed. I'm sure a 3:07 gearset would get better mileage and go faster, but it wouldn't be as fun.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (Brad Jar)

Quote, originally posted by Brad Jar »
It will crap out because of the ludicrously short 4:10 gearing. Ergo, it's geared for better accelleration and 1/4 mile times, not top speed. I'm sure a 3:07 gearset would get better mileage and go faster, but it wouldn't be as fun.

you said what I was going to say.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (Mr.Gerbik)

I dont know about you, but for $200k usd I could build a nova that not only looks better, but would smoke that thing
at this point, its not even about the car.. it's about the name
Now dont get me wrong, I appreciate rare things, but $200k for a Nova is stupid

·
Banned
13,344 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (Slayer)

Quote, originally posted by Slayer »

at this point, its not even about the car.. it's about the name

Kind of reminds me of that recent Cobra post (note that I'm not referring to that "cobra" specifically). You can buy a Kirham aluminum bodied replica, which is THE EXACT same thing as an original car sans the serial number, so one is paying an extra $250,000 for some numbers, which like you mentioned, can be cool too.

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (vduBen)

Quote »

jokes on you my friend, it's your currency dropping like a rock these days, not ours.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts

yeah, but that's probably 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds, running high 12's/low 13's in the 1/4. where you driving over 125 anyway?
plus, no one's buying this car to drive anyway

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
its not so much the name as it is the history and exclusivity you are buying. if there are only 7-10 left in the world that is one hell of an exclusive club. if i had the cash i would buy that car instead of building one but then again i enjoy history.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (Slayer)

Quote, originally posted by Slayer »
I dont know about you, but for $200k usd I could build a nova that not only looks better, but would smoke that thing

Yes you could..but would it be worth what you put into it? I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (cougar)

Quote, originally posted by cougar »
A near mint condition Yenko Nova... verrrrry nice

what he said http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
Re: A $300,000 Chevy Nova??? (2.0L8VBoy)

All you people who talk about this car's specs are completely missing the point (or ignoring it for some reason). The car is a near mint condition rare muscle car. A lot of people love muscle cars, and to have one as rare and as mint as this, you're going to have to pay for it.
Quote »

Peter gets his chance to take us on his first dream car ride and he picks a real rare automobile with an estimate 7-10 left in existence.

That sentence alone explains its worth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts