VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
it wont give you that much, maybe 5hp...
it basically keeps the valve open in your exhaust, therefore allow'n better flow/sound...??? ( those ?'s are for affirmation, not doubt)
go under your car, and on the drivers side, next to the exhaust pipe coming out of the muffler has a rubber hose. if u pinch that hose shut, you will enjoy the bad ass sound ur car makes during intial startup and during higher speeds/rpm...
hope that helps,,,

Modified by H2O2H at 7:12 PM 4-1-2004

·
Registered
493 Posts
Re: A Clamp that increases 10ft/lb of torque?? LOL (mojof1)

word of wisdom.. dont mock it until you read jamies post with the actual dyno numbers

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Re: (H2O2H)

Quote, originally posted by H2O2H »
it wont give you that much, maybe 5hp...
it basically keeps the valve open in your exhaust, therefore allow'n better flow/sound...
go under your car, and on the drivers side, next to the exhaust pipe coming out of the muffler has a rubber hose. if u pinch that hose shut, you will enjoy the bad ass sound ur car makes during intial startup and during higher speeds/rpm...
hope that helps,,,

you need to mention that this is also a special case with the R32/TT 3.2 exhaust which has a flap that activates at below a certain rpm and speed to lessen the noise that comes out...

·
Banned
198 Posts
i thought i did that, but ok...
from a post, i think it requires over 3500 rpm, and/or 45mph+ in order to open, which lead'n to more noise and power...
mine is now open constantly, and from a recent post, a dyno was done, and showed only a 5HP increase, I think? hey, i'm to lazy to go back and check, but it's around here somewhere...
ok, i found it..
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1293866

Modified by H2O2H at 7:11 PM 4-1-2004

·
Banned
12,815 Posts

Quote, originally posted by H2O2H »
i thought i did that, but ok...
from a post, i think it requires over 3500 rpm, and/or 45mph+ in order to open, which lead'n to more noise and power...???
mine is now open constantly, and from a recent post, a dyno was done, and showed only a 5HP increase, I think? hey, i'm to lazy to go back and check, but it's around here somewhere...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1293866

ok, i found it..

Modified by H2O2H at 11:36 PM 3-19-2004

No, it's been dyno proven to add +5HP in one instance, and +10lb/ft of tq. in another. HP and TQ are two different things, so let's not confuse the issue at hand.
IMHO, it's FIVE FREE HORSEPOWER and TEN FREE LB/FT OF TORQUE, so why wouldn't you do it, lol.

·
Banned
198 Posts
I closed off the line the 1st day of ownership. I knew about that valve even before anyone in this discussion began talking about it. I talked to a VW tech who told me he had to install them, which meant that they weren't shipped here like that...?! Validity of that, uncomfirmed. I will believe it when I see it...
However, I know it can be remove by a VW Tech (physicaly and from computer program), that is if you have a buddy who's a VW tech...under the table...
Hey, 5hp is 5Hp!!!
As for torque, 10 more lbs works for me!
PS: When did I confuse HP and torque??? I don't think it's possible

Modified by H2O2H at 9:58 PM 3-30-2004

·
Registered
574 Posts

Dynos don't lie. Head over to the R32 forum and check the threads. Just having less backpressure down low is good for a +10 lb torque increse. So the clamp does what it says. Research a little before you blast something.

·
Banned
198 Posts
When did I ever blast anything in this thread??? When da hell I confuse Horsepower and Torque???
YOOOOOO, I promote cut'n off the valve! I pinched my hose, long agooooooo.......
OHHHHHHHHHHh, I read back to the first post, and saw da dude talk about Torque and thought he was talking about HP!! My bad.was a quick glance over, my mistake. I was like wtf is up with you guys, what did I do...
HARRY, KISS MY ASZ!!!

I'm only human... Geesh...

Modified by H2O2H at 7:07 PM 4-1-2004

·
Registered
19,612 Posts

I hope you didn't take my post as a flame, just that the original poster doesn't have an R32 according to his info, less he try this mod that on a car other than the R32 or Audi TT 3.2, I just wanted to clear that up. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts