VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..walkin up from class and I see a cop swing next to my Jetta. I was late and parked how everyone else at this college does, blockin a sidewalk. Keep in mind it's in a small part of town and so on. I admit I was wrong, so the $10 ticket is deserved. Anyways, he greets me with an jerk type comment and I ask whats wrong? He says I was blockin a sidewalk and I'm 20FT within an intersection. I ask him about the other 3 vehicles parked 20ft within the intersection. He starts flippin and walkin close, throwin his hands up and yells "DO u wanta f**kin argue or what?" At this point he's right in my face. I say: I just was askin a question, and he muttered some more words, to where I just asked him to finish with the damn ticket. He gave it to me and I left. Should I atleast write a letter and turn him in for being a prick and insinuating some sort of fight? Just a bit odd and I'm all pissed. Let me kno what a mature 20 year old in a small town should do? Maybe spray paint a weiner schnitzel on his car?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (JusAnothaRabbitRacer)

I hate to say it but there is really not much you can do. think about it there is so many dickhole cops around...they are shlongs because they can get away with it, it's just how it works. just shake it off, know you're the better man and go on with your everyday life. if i were you and a cop did that to me, id probably just laugh it off, because really, its ridiculous. writing a complaint wont get you anywhere...way to be mature about the situation though.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (TrekRadoVR6)

haha...yea I guess your right. I mean, karma is on my side... Just sucks when you live in a small town and the cops know every car you drive. Whats worse is when they know you well enough, that they nolonger ID you. But as luck would have it, I still have 0 tickets, until this damn parking ticket

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (JusAnothaRabbitRacer)

I hope he gets diahrea for 2 monthes and then gets fired for crappin in his patrol car. That would make justice fair in my book

·
Registered
7,276 Posts

DAMN lewiston is a small town....i had a friend that lived in Kamei (i think that is how it's spelled
)

·
Registered
7 Posts

Dude it sounds like you live in Hazard County with the Duke boys.. I would write a detailed letter to the Cheif and tell him how unprofesional the cop acted. good luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (T-DUB)

I used to work with a lot of deputies, and have had a similar situation as you. I know in Pierce County if you write a complaint you will hear something about it. But if you are going to write to the sheriff or whoever you need too, make sure that it is very specific with names, times, exact words, ticket #... ect.. Or else they wont take it seriously.
Just after I turned 18 I got pulled over for running a YELLOW light. The cop had me get out of the car and then threatened to arrest me because I wouldn't answer a question. (with out getting into detail it was a freaking stupid question) So I answered it and she let me go... without looking at my licence, registration, anything. And I even asked if she wanted to see them. So I wrote a letter of complaint. I didn't hear anything about it until I started to work security at my college and I ended up working with her (yeah that wasn't odd or anything... I swear that woman follows me around or something. She was my D.A.R.E. officer in grade school too) and that is when I found out that she was at least put on probation for 3 months because of it.
See, amazing things can happen. But if you do, it would help if you had a witness to the jerks actions... so then it isn't a "he said, she said" competition.
Good luck with whatever you decided!!!

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (StrictlyEuroA3)

grey let it go. if you do or say anything it will only piss him off and then you will have a cop to watch out for

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (a2lowvw)

I can't stand cops who abuse their powers.
Cops like this should be drug through a field of cow poop by a slow ass tractor. They get the gun and the badge but they are pissed because their dix are still tiny. They think they can get in your face or harrass you but what they don't realize is they are public sevant, our taxes pay their salaries. You may not think a letter to his superior officer will do anything but that stuff doesn't go unnoticed. If you are not the only one with a grievance, one more complaint might get a bad cop off the street.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (GZero)

I'm not real familiar with Lewiston PD but am going to assume its a pretty small department. I could be way off but think you'd have a better chance writing a formal complaint if it were a bigger agency. Have any idea how many cops are in your town? Reason is I think the smaller department, the tighter all those guys will be with each other. Sounds like you handled it really well http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif A complaint will prob only gaurantee you more BS by the same guy in the future.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts

The question is, how much do you want to deal with this? In small town PD's, you could end up getting hassled real bad. If you are willing to deal with that, Write up a report, Do it NOW with EVERY SINGLE DETAIL you can remember. I can not stress enough to write everything down..... everything you can think of related to the incedent. Then write a complaint to Dick in Charge (as in detective). Ask for results. If you get something satisfactory, Rock and roll, If the copper reciprocates (which is QUITE possible in small towns) then you need to file ANOTHER complaint with the Head Dick. If nothing gets done, write to the Mayor, Prosecuting Attourney for the area, the Attorney General for the state etc....

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (StrictlyEuroA3)

quote:[HR][/HR]I had a cop call me a F***ing Monkey....it was great! Gotta love the PDX Cops.
[HR][/HR]​
I've had to deal with the Portland Police on three separate occasions in the last three months. One, when the driver of the car I was in was pulled over for a "crooked trip permit" (yeah, there's something crooked, alright), once when a kid on acid rammed my Grandmother's parked van in front of our house, and then again when my Grandmother's life was threatened by an ex-friend of the family, who already had a warrant out for his arrest. First time, the cops were complete assh*les, not to mention the reason they pulled us over (I found out later, unfortunately) was completely bogus. The second time, the kid on acid was allowed to wander around the scene while the officers did whatever they were doing in the cruiser. He was in and out of his Explorer numerous times, rummaging around for God knows what and at one time even STARTED the vehicle!! Then and only then did the nice police officer request that he get out of the vehicle and sit on the side of the road! This kid was so high, he was literally licking his index finger and rubbing it on the completely smashed front end of his Explorer. And long story short, do you think anyone did a damn thing when my Grandmother's life was threatened by a WANTED man, whom the police knew the EXACT location of? You guessed it, folks.
I really try to maintain a positive attitude about our law enforcement, and also know first hand that there are a lot of good people out there, but they've got no one to blame but themselves for the way the average person feels about cops.
quote:[HR][/HR]
The question is, how much do you want to deal with this? In small town PD's, you could end up getting hassled real bad. If you are willing to deal with that, Write up a report, Do it NOW with EVERY SINGLE DETAIL you can remember...[HR][/HR]​
Do it. If the guy hassles you, take further action. Do everything you can to hold these people accountable. They are public servants and the reason they get away with the bullsh*t they do, is because regular people will just as soon shrug it off and be on their way. Regardless of the consequences, what goes around comes around and you are doing the RIGHT thing.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: A cop tried to start something today..should I even try to get even? (VWteknik)

If I remember right Lewiston has a pretty high (if not highest) Police per population capita in the Northwest. It's a town of about 35K people. Literally, there seems to be a cop on every street. I haven't had trouble with them for a few years, but maybe it's time again? I started thinking, and A2lowVW is right (also from Lewiston). I should let it go, because these cops are notorious for picking and choosing main people. Last thing I need is another cop looking for a specific car just to harass. I may write a note but request annynomousy due to previous incidents like this. I'm still thinking I guess, but after waking up this morning and getting in the mood for my tests next week and writing some essays, it just doesn't seem as important. Thanx for all the input so far though http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,665 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]If I remember right Lewiston has a pretty high (if not highest) Police per population capita in the Northwest. It's a town of about 35K people. Literally, there seems to be a cop on every street. I haven't had trouble with them for a few years, but maybe it's time again? I started thinking, and A2lowVW is right (also from Lewiston). I should let it go, because these cops are notorious for picking and choosing main people. Last thing I need is another cop looking for a specific car just to harass. I may write a note but request annynomousy due to previous incidents like this. I'm still thinking I guess, but after waking up this morning and getting in the mood for my tests next week and writing some essays, it just doesn't seem as important. Thanx for all the input so far though http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​
Tell that to the next guy that has to deal with this. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I had a cop call me a F***ing Monkey....it was great! Gotta love the PDX Cops.
[HR][/HR]​
one time a PDX cop tried to give me a reach around...no joke...he claims it was an accident but i dunno...

·
Registered
5,357 Posts

Well, I would say have them pull the tape from his in-car video of him doing that to you but that might be too small of a town for that kind of sophistication.
Body language not necessarily audio would prove this beyond doubt.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

let it slide. if you complain about it and cant prove it, you're screwed. plus, since he gave you a ticket, he has all of your info, and he could get all of his other jackoff powertrippin cop buddies to make your life hell. Happened to a buddy of mine, used to get pulled over and followed all the time because he reported a cop on a powertrip. Not worth it. Go for the weinerschnitzel instead.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.