VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm just wondering if anyone with tie rod tools would be willing to let me borrow or rent them, i just want to get the wheels and tie rods done so i can get this car inspected. i'm going to be trying to do this friday the 24th, i'll be up in nh either way and probably working on the car in some way so please if you have them and you're not using them let me know as i would like to borrow or rent them from you. thanks guys.
mike

·
Banned
9,489 Posts
Re: a favor for this friday (eyesreflecting)

undo the nut from the outer end where it goes through the knuckle, then bash the knuckle with a BIG hammer... it'll pop right free http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You need a pickle fork? I've got 2 sized and I work in Dorchester, you can pick them up at my work just off 93 on Friday and bring em back some weekday after you're done. I did a tie rod end with one of them, lil sledge and a pickle fork and you'll be free in no time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.