VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

A few good laps of Lime Rock, passing Vette and Cayman

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Oryx Golf R 
#1 · (Edited)

After 50K miles, I'm still floored at how great the R is. Had a nice series of fairly open track laps at Lime Rock this Friday. I managed to put together 9 laps within 0.5 seconds of each other at good (for me) times. 1.04's -1.05's Gorgeous weather. Temps low 70's. SCDA is a great group to run with.

Car has APR Stage 1, camber plates, rear sway and intercooler. Brakes/suspension are stock. A terrific daily driver to boot.

Sorry about video shake. It improves as video continues. Seeking out improved mount.

#4 ·
Thanks. Brakes are totally fine. When I said "stock brakes" I really should have been more specific. They are stock rotors and calipers; however, I do use Ferodo DS2500 pads and hi temp Motul 660 fluid. Other than that, I've never seen a need to spend big money on bigger brakes.

I'm also looking forward to a full Non-Covid season next year. One more event for me at Summit Point Main this Friday, then wait 'til next year.

#5 ·
Thanks! I have quite a few laps at Lime Rock, but things were clicking nicely that day. Just loving the Cup 2 tires. This is the first season I have used them, and I think they are worth the cost. I previously used Bridgestone RE71R's (terrible on the street and not as good for me on track) and PS4S's. I think the great feedback they give was a real positive towards more consistent laps.

#8 ·
I'm using a RAM mount but I think my phone wasn't sitting in the mount properly. I was at Summit this past Friday and mounted my phone differently within the mount. Tiny change made a big difference. I'll be posting video of some laps next week.

Yes Cup 2s are pricey. My tires are 225/18s. They were on sale at TireRack so not a big delta to PS4s. For me, they were worth the extra money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.