VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ´01 Golf GTi.
I really want HID lights. Can i put it in my original headlight?
I have a radar detector, and i hate that the wire is loose and plugs into my cigarette thing. What is the best place to hide it? And Maybe wire it up so that it turns on when i start the car.
What is that joey mod? Do you paint the inner part of the ligt black? The part that the bulbs are not in then?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Re: A few little questions (Maggi)

Quote, originally posted by Maggi »
I have a ´01 Golf GTi.
You can buy a HID kit that will go into your stock headlight, but the OEM ones are better quality and a lot more$$
I have a radar detector, and i hate that the wire is loose and plugs into my cigarette thing. What is the best place to hide it? And Maybe wire it up so that it turns on when i start the car.
I think that there is already a DIY for this mod, but the easiest way to do it is simply run the wire at the base of the headliner, down the pilar, and then wire it into one of the fuses that is key hot
What is that joey mod? Do you paint the inner part of the ligt black? The part that the bulbs are not in then?
when someone joey's their headlights all they do is paint the inside black (or whatever color u like) just make sure to leave the area around the bulb chrome
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Re: A few little questions (Maggi)

Quote, originally posted by Maggi »
I have a ´01 Golf GTi.
Thanks in advance!

you just missed the DIY ( do it yourself section ) iits always the second post in this forum. just scroll down to the 3rd set of "replies" and you will find hours and hours of mod that you can do for little $$$. i have only had my car for 6 months and i have already finished 16 mods..and i have 7 more to do in two weeks
but if you need any questions just ask...or if you need to ask me ill be back in two weeks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.