VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted a few times here a while back, when i found a Corrado i was very interested in. it turned out to be a turd, so i kinda forgot about. well, i am bitten with the bug again, and just today i went to look at a G60.
the car has 74K on it, with all work being done at an Audi dealership, and the owner has all receipts. the sunroof works, the spoiler works, and the interior is in very good shape. girl was asking $6500, but i talked her down to $6k, with thoughts that that extra bit of money might go toward a charger rebuild.
the only thing that bothered me was the very bottom of the sheet metal, from the front wheel well, to the back wheel well. the paint is all rough, like severe orange peel, but as far as i can tell, there is no rust. however, should this need replacing, can i get the sheet metal to replace it?
i would really like to talk to a knowledgable Corrado person on AIM, so if you can spare a little time, post your S/N. i promise i won't take up much of your time

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: A Few Questions from a Rado newbie. (SixthFloorFreak)

The paint is supposed to be like that down there, so no worries about that. That said, a $6500 G60 had better be real nice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: A Few Questions from a Rado newbie. (VR6guy)

the car seems to be in great condition. the interior is beautiful, and the car seems to run and drive fine. as i said before, i did get her talked down to $6000

·
Registered
8,006 Posts

Mine is like brand new and I paid 4,800.

Modified by 1967ghia at 4:58 AM 5-14-2003

·
Registered
11,641 Posts

It does sound like a great car, but still, $6k is a ***LOT*** of money to pay for a g60, unless it's a fully built show car or something.
Have you considered buying long-distance? I live in a teeny town too, and I bought my Corrado from across the country.
-Nate

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Re: A Few Questions from a Rado newbie. (SaabFan)

Still a little bit high......I bought my baby for $6,500 with 58k miles and she was pretty much flawless. What color is she? Something else to think about- has the charger been rebuilt? If not, you'll want to get that done and also have money on reserve for other repairs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: A Few Questions from a Rado newbie. (G60Madchen)

i've been giving this some heavy thinking, and i believe i'm gonna pass this car up. it is a slick little car, but i would have no money left over for repairs after i bought it. so, the search continues...

·
Registered
9,323 Posts

and kelly blue book value is..... $3,810 i'd wait and spend that 6k on a vr6 if you;re looking for a daily driver...

·
Registered
6,153 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SixthFloorFreak »
i've been giving this some heavy thinking, and i believe i'm gonna pass this car up. it is a slick little car, but i would have no money left over for repairs after i bought it. so, the search continues...

offer $5K and when she cant sell it to anyone else she'll call you.
besides, like I told you, how much is the car worth TO YOU? if you really like the car and plan to keep it it is worth it, regardless of any book value or anyone elses value. just be prepared to take a hit when you re-sell it or in an insurance settlement.
keep in mind...I bought mine 6 years ago w/ 6X,000 miles for $8000 w/ a new suspension. that was 6 years ago when I was able to see 3-4 corrados for sale on a single saturday...not that easy to find a good one anymore

·
Registered
4,786 Posts

for a corrado that has been serviced at a dealership for most of its lifespan, with all of the common "non working" problems WORKING, and a cherry interior... i'd say $6k is worth it. especially since she has all of the receipts ... us girls know what's up doggie

j/k...

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Re: A Few Questions from a Rado newbie. (kobidge)

Quote, originally posted by kobidge »
for a corrado that has been serviced at a dealership for most of its lifespan, with all of the common "non working" problems WORKING, and a cherry interior... i'd say $6k is worth it. especially since she has all of the receipts ... us girls know what's up doggie

j/k...

I would agree, if everything works good, paint and interior is in good condition with a fresh rebuild I would think 6,000 is resonable

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Re: A Few Questions from a Rado newbie. (mack73)

I thought I did a good job gettin my vr6 with 126,000 on it for 4k...
I too have seen approximately 4 corrados in my life

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any Car has to be evaluated for what it is worth. IE how bad the buyer wants it and what the market will bear. I would easily pay 20K for Cramers Car or Anhs Car. Heck the ABD Corrado just sold for 15k.
For all of you that are hanging onto clean low mileage C's. The market seems to be turning around.
I just sold mine with 78k miles, new engine 17's super clean for $8500
So the market does show some rebound. Remember we are in a depressed economy right now. So if you do price anything cheap enough it will sell

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (NiMissle)

had this car had a rebuilt charger, i would have bought it. however, i'm kinda picky, and would have wanted to get it done right after i bought the car, and i just couldn't come up with that kinda money. anyways, i offered her $5k, she said she'd call me if something didn't work out with other prospective buyers.

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: (SixthFloorFreak)

Quote, originally posted by SixthFloorFreak »
had this car had a rebuilt charger, i would have bought it. however, i'm kinda picky, and would have wanted to get it done right after i bought the car, and i just couldn't come up with that kinda money. anyways, i offered her $5k, she said she'd call me if something didn't work out with other prospective buyers.

When she calls you, tell her you've been looking at other Corrados for sale and you're only willing to pay her $4.5k. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
That car does sound nice, but it's not worth $5k or $6k. IMHO at least.
-Nate

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (SaabFan)

damn, you guys are brutal
Quote, originally posted by SaabFan »

When she calls you, tell her you've been looking at other Corrados for sale and you're only willing to pay her $4.5k. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
That car does sound nice, but it's not worth $5k or $6k. IMHO at least.
-Nate

1 - 19 of 19 Posts