VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i traded my blazer on saturday for a 97 glx vr6, which is an absolutely awesome car. the vr6 has way more power then a 2.0 i previously owned years ago, obviously right lol. anyways im having a few issues, which i was wondering if someone could help out with.
1. The sunroof has no problem tilting up, but when i want to open it fully, it wont budge, i tried the manual hand crank and that wont work either, when i touch the button i can hear the motor clicking but no luck, when i try to crank it, no luck either, and considering 3 of the 4 windows i believe need a regulator, id really like to get this working
2. Now to the gauges, the speedo seems to be vibrating at right above 0mph and thats it, it doesnt move anywhere but there. the tach wont move at all, which obviously isnt a big deal, but id really like to get these working. my dad seems to think its an electrical problem but im not sure as im not all that mechanically proficient.
theres a bunch of random stuff as in the ac doesnt work and stupid little nuances, but its all good. im back in a vw and thats all that matters. the car is lowered ALOT, just not sure what type of work was done. i tried to search and have had no luck, so any help wwould be appreciated. if anyone is in the ambler and want to give a hand, theres a nice cold case of beer in it for you lol. thanks for your help everyone

·
Registered
17,620 Posts
Re: (joey100282)

Quote, originally posted by joey100282 »
huh????? lol

your #3 is blank...
regarding the sunroof, it's likely it's the sunroof motor.
it could however be the tracks.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
You numbered 3 but had no question.
I'm entirely guessing but maybe your cluster is bad. Pull it out and make sure the plugs are tight or replace it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah now i see the number 3 hahah oops. as for tunroof thing, would it still be the motor if it goes up ok and i hear the motor click when i hit the button, as for the cluster, all the sensors look good, its one of the tings i checked,

·
Registered
17,648 Posts
have you had a friend push the sunroof button while you watch it from above? do it back and forth a few times and look for anything fishy

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i just tried that, when it goes down from the flip up position, it just goes to level then wont go back at all. i tried to crank it and it feels like im going to break the little crank piece if i try any harder

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if the tracks are busted, would it still flip up? also im not much of the mechanic, but i have some knowledge, if the tracks are busted, what kind of repair will it take i.e a new frame, new tracks? sorry for being such a neeewwwwbbbb lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so i went to that diy website u posted redskinboy. i only wish all sites were that easy to understand lol. if after taking the headline out, am i able to tell if the tracks r f"ed up. also i had a jetta that had sunroof problems a few years back and i just replaced the whole frame. is it possible the tracks r salvagable from the old one?

·
Registered
17,648 Posts
your gonna have to pull it either way. once you get the headliner out you just have to unbolt all the sunroof stuff. pull it out, inspect it, and go from there.
i had the small peice that hold the wind screen in place break and it wouldnt let me close the sunroof. i had to remove it and from the looks of the small tab that held it, im gonna have to replace the entire sunroof assembly if i want to put it back in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.