VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1999 MKIII GOLF Mi, 2018 Sentra Nismo
3,854 Posts
Wait, longitudinally mounted?? It's not rear wheel drive...is it? :)
Until 2010 VW made this that way, then they change things they way they should have been. All Stock GOL were FWD if i recall correctly.

Glad to see another Gol owner, wish i had the access to all the aftermarket you guys have in Brazil.

Do you have any more pictures?

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Wait, longitudinally mounted?? It's not rear wheel drive...is it? :)
Longitudinally mounted, front wheel drive, just like the Fox the USA got for a while. The Fox came from Brazil, so makes sense. OP's car just looks like a Fox fastback to me. I had two of the sedan/coupe versions. I wish the hatchback like the OP has had come to the 'states.

VW also had the Dasher and Quantum (i.e. 1st and 2nd gen Passat elsewhere) that were long/FWD.

We got the wagon in the USA for a while, but not quite the version the OP has:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Until 2010 VW made this that way, then they change things they way they should have been. All Stock GOL were FWD if i recall correctly.

Glad to see another Gol owner, wish i had the access to all the aftermarket you guys have in Brazil.

Do you have any more pictures?

the market for original spare parts, mainly bodywork is very difficult, we achieved something in junkyard. the mechanical parts are still very supplied, as VW has manufactured this mechanic by 2008.
I have more pictures of him, like some in specific?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This.

Also, the interior and exterior colors go great together. :thumbup::thumbup:

If it were mine I'd probably throw some oem wheels on it but the mercy wheels work really well!

This color is original line 1993 is called Green Creek. the inteior, with the exception of the front seats is totally original factory, a combination of colors really beautiful.

Today there are many factories making copies of original wheels in various sizes, as the inspiration for the project was a visual Euro, sought the Mercedes wheels, the Class A Avantgarde model to create a diferent and harmonious whole.

A future upgrade is the addition of brake calipers Porsche 911 80 decade.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Brazil is responsible for some of Volkswagen's coolest cars. I've always wondered if it had something to do with sertant Germans fleeing to south America in the 1940s... would I be wrong to assume that the gol is basically a newer version of the brazilia?
I'm very tempted to find a 14 window Bay. And thank you brazil for keeping the bug and kombi alive for so long!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.