VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, this year we have actually had a real winter here on LI......roads covered in snow, and later in sand and salt. Now that the weather is warming, the pot holes are larger then my car in many places and it is time to finally de-gunk our cars and get ready for the summer.....

To aide in this effort, autokieg will be hosting [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off, a chance for people to come out, clean their cars and re-connect with people they haven't seen all winter......we have the water and vacum, you bring your car....get your car ready for Show & Go if you don't have a place to clean during the week etc...

Our friends over at Long Island Motorwerks have been gracious enough to open up their shop to us and give us a place to host this event....for those of you that don't know them, Kenny and the guys are a local VW/Audi tunning shop that does everything from exhausts to turbos to engine swaps. They are located in Commack, NY right off the LIE, Northern State and the Sunken Meadow Parkway at 3030 Jerico Turnpike, East Northport, NY 11731

We will be having this event on Sunday, March 30 from 12:00 to 4:00p. Basically, we have at our disposal a large parking lot behind the shop with access to a hose, a high power vacum, and a tent for shade for those looking to wax.....we will have some buckets and soap, but ask that people bring their own chemicals with enough to share if some people need to borrow a little. This is a relaxed event, and a really good chance to clean your car up before the Spring Show & Go at E-Town the next weekend. If your car is already clean, then come down to hang out, browse in the shop at some of the new products they have, and meet the staff.....they may be able to help with your project, or give you some advise.....
I have posted some directions below, and please post in this thread if you are looking to host or join a caravan to the spot......

Sean
[a/k] Events Czar
Directions:
LIM, 3030 Jerico Turnpike, E. Northport, NY 11731

From the LIE....
Take the LIE West to Exit 51, Deer Park Avenue (Route 231) North. Get off the ramp, make a left and travel North on DPA. You will go under the Northern State, at which point the road forks. Stay right on Deer Park Rd, and within a mile or so it will force you out onto Jericho Turnpike. Continue East on Jericho...you will pass a Blockbuster, a McDonalds, a Wendy's, and the shop will be located on your right, just across and up from Wendy's. If you pass the 7-11, you have gone too far. Again, the shop is called LIM, and there is parking in the front, and much more in the rear...the alley is on the right side of the building......
From the Northern State......
Get off exit , Route 231 North, towards Northport.....you will get onto Deer Park Ave, and then take the right fork....follow the directions above from there.....

Time to clean your SUV up a bit.....

[Modified by EuroStyle, 10:23 PM 3-20-2003]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (EuroStyle)

I got james cleaning my car in & out that day. make sure you get the wing's
if it's not looking good then i will
sean see you there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (WHATADUB)

Did I mention they sell hatch wings?

Sean

·
Registered
47,289 Posts
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (EuroStyle)

I will try to come.......more event mean more fun.....and a chance to meet more people and put a name and face together! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (WHATADUB)

I'm not sure about bringing my car.. I don't know if it will be fixed by then.... but maybe I can clean up the gli...

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (tektoo2)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm sure I'll be there with a lot of Squad Members
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (16v Coupe)

Cool...sounds like fun....
I'll bring my Porter Cable Orbital Polisher and am happy to share if there's power available...(?)
--noah

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (noahlh)

Plenty of power, a floor jacket, water etc......all there for us.....

Sean

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (16v Coupe)

quote:[HR][/HR]cant wait to see all of u guys there.......it would be cool if i could get my car there....but i doubt that[HR][/HR]​
looking the same for me , guess ill be driving the jetta

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

By the way, here is the addy if any of you want to Map Quest it.....

Sean

LIM, 3030 Jerico Turnpike, E. Northport, NY 11731
631/858-CARS

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Looks like there will be some BBQ too so you can get your eat on...... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Sean

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Re: [a/k]'s Spring Dust Off.....3.30.03...come dirty, leave greasy... (TheFNMan)

If i have my car out of the shops out in time i will b there since i know i will have more than enuff dust and dirt to take out of my car....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.