VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 99 jettaIII 2.slo wolfsburg for about 3 months now. I just recently took out my factory air box and put in a Nuespeed P-flow. I've changed my oil and switched over to full synthetic. I was wondering what other little things i could do to help inprove my hp. Besides getting a chip or exhaust.. cause i plan on getting that.. I need some suggestions on what else i can do to help me burn more rice. also its fairly easy for me to govern out at 125 mph i was wondering if anyone knew how to override the govenor without a chip. Thanx

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (1BlkVDUB)

quote:[HR][/HR]I need some suggestions on what else i can do to help me burn more rice[HR][/HR]​
Do people HONESTLY buy cars simply to make comments like this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (Mr. Ginster)

I wasn't posting a message on here to be criticized. i need help. I've never had a german car before and most stuff is new to me. I just want some advice or help on how to increase horsepower. what are some do's and don'ts. ya know, ppl that have had vdubs for a while now and know alot about them.. I don't need ppl telling me my car is slow. i know this much. I just recently found this site also. so if someone can help me i'd appreciate it..

·
Registered
5,357 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I wasn't posting a message on here to be criticized. i need help. I've never had a german car before and most stuff is new to me. I just want some advice or help on how to increase horsepower. what are some do's and don'ts. ya know, ppl that have had vdubs for a while now and know alot about them.. I don't need ppl telling me my car is slow. i know this much. I just recently found this site also. so if someone can help me i'd appreciate it..
[HR][/HR]​
actually noone has said your car is slow...yet and from the sound of your comment you have been on a board at one time or another they are just simply critisizing the way you stated your first post.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (95 Vento)

man everyone's bitter tonight...welcome to the board...
chip, exhaust, could go cams, or turbo/supercharger when you really want to go nuts. there's a lot of things you can do

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (Pagano)

quote:[HR][/HR]I need some suggestions on what else i can do to help me burn more rice
Do people HONESTLY buy cars simply to make comments like this? [HR][/HR]​
he also frequently tops out at 125mph-- that WEs going to die a tragic death i can see it now...

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (putang spangler)

quote:[HR][/HR]he also frequently tops out at 125mph-- that WEs going to die a tragic death i can see it now...[HR][/HR]​
While I agree....a chip should take care of thed govenor

·
Registered
13,148 Posts
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (askibum02)

1. exhaust
2. chip programed for a 260 or 268 cam
3. cam and adjustable cam sprocket and HD valve springs.
4. not satisfied so end up going turbo or supercharged.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (durchhalten)

quote:[HR][/HR]i suggest stickers. lots of stickers.
and welcome to the 'tex
! where everyday is an assault on your self esteem! [HR][/HR]​
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts

My Apollogies on behalf of the Vortex memebers Who really Do care. sorry for the Bad vibes sent your way welcome to the Vortex choose your words carefully and dont take any thing personally there are some dorks in here that will rip you apart. Sorry I dont have any suggestions for you but I do hear good things about chips.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (VW Fool)

it's all in good fun...just don't take it personally....as for your choice in car...good call, i have a 99 WE as well.
my approach to mine was intake, exhaust, suspension...and i'm gonna finish off the suspension before doing anything else...want to get some sway bars and stress bars and really tighten it up....it's 2.0, and i'm not about to act like it's fast, instead i want to handle like a champ.
although i do see myself picking up a chip soon just b/c they're pretty affordable

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Re: A LIL VDUB Question (aglio)

Welcome to the tex

If you want more power, swap in a VR6! hehehe
Seriously though, get a chip. Probably going to give you the most bang for your buck.
Or, you could follow aglio's advice and go for suspension mods first to get rid of the 4x4 look.

·
Banned
87 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I don't need ppl telling me my car is slow. i know this much. [HR][/HR]​
i
ts not the car that is slow...its the driver...this is typical...once you get used to your car and how it performs...you will understand.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.