VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, i just got a 1998 Red Jetta GL its in A++ condition and i just want to pimp it out. and suggestions?
ive started to form ideas for the interior. its black so im thinking of doing Red interior things.
anyone ever used "interior Sprays" ? are they worth it? um. im kinda out on a limb when i try to find web sites for VW parts. any mega part stores or sumpin?
oh and the engine. i wana beef it up and im not sure if i should look into a supercharger or a turbocharger , anyone got suggestions?
hey thanks for helping me,
Andy

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Re: A little advice for the new kid (technofly7)

Firstly get suspension http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Biggest improvement to make to your car. Try not to do anything that you will regret in a few months. ie. painting interior parts red http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Re: A little advice for the new kid (A3VWGOLF)

For your engine atp makes turbos, and z engineering and neuspeed have come out with superchargers. As for your interior, i think an auminum kit would look better then red spray paint.

·
Registered
80 Posts

i'd skip the suspention for now and go w/ some exaust/ airfilter/intake mods. it will make your car sound and run a whole lot better. What kind of engine does it have? if its anything less than a VR6, and im guessing youve got a 2.0, then u dont really need the suspention quite yet, save that for later.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

welcome to the vortex! yea definitely the suspension first. Save up and get some springs and shocks. H&R makes a great kit called the CUPKIT which comes with both springs and shocks. drops your car about 2". go to http://www.parts4vws.com to check out all the goodies.

·
Registered
545 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] i just want to pimp it out.[HR][/HR]​
Get some fuzzy dice!! Seriously, I would go with the exhaust, intake, and chip.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Re: A little advice for the new kid (vr6g)

quote:[HR][/HR] i just want to pimp it out.
Get some fuzzy dice!! Seriously, I would go with the exhaust, intake, and chip. [HR][/HR]​
yep and do your little system inside, slam it on the ground if you like, sh!t you could go get some kerschers and pimp it out with out being the fastest.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

lol i like that lil part about gettin rich and a big credit limit. hahaha im 16 and have no job yet. its sad. but i love my Jetta!
ive seen sum good things with the interior aluminum things.
um to the thing about droping my car 2 inches haha , i live in Maine. Maine = frost heaves and there no fun when ur goin 60 and hit one. hahaha. and plus i have a junky / rocky driveway, i would just chip the crap outta my front and under side.
ok im 16. have no clue what a chip does well i know it just improves speed /air intake ration or sumpin. um whats a good estamte on a chip? how much $$?
ok to the supercharger thing. ive been looking at the neuspeed one and it looks really nice. anyone here have one? how does it work? good , bad? so so?
oh and ive got a 2.0 for an engine.
ok. last question. air intake/ filters etc.
quote:[HR][/HR] i'd skip the suspention for now and go w/ some exaust/ airfilter/intake mods. it will make your car sound and run a whole lot better.[HR][/HR]​
ok well im no expert on what an airfilter looks like. ive got sum VW magazines and i think ive got a good idea what they are. but... im not sure how to put one in. lol i wish i dident sound so dumb, but i really wana maxamize my jetta to make it fast and sweet.
ok well i hope people respond to this line of questions.
andrew

·
Banned
2,854 Posts

well you better hope your parents are rich HEHE
anyway you got a couple options, if you dont care what it looks like swish cheese it meaning cut holes in the bottome of hte airbox below the filter, or you can buy a cone and make a heat shield or buy the complete setup from Eurosport http://www.eurosportacc.com
a chip is programmed to what you have done to you car, lets more air in and out making about 5 horses and sets your rev limiters up and top out.
like exhaust/intake/chip will cost about a grand maybe get it alittle less but when you go to supercharging and turbo you get in the 3k+ area
danielle VDUBINIT96 i believe thats her user name just got her neuspeed supercharger, i personally love the turbo sound but a supercharger on a 4 banger is more of a novelty. and for your maine problem get some neuspeed softsprings, not a big drop just alil and get some bilstein sport. not saying you have to do anything i said just giving you my opinion, make sure you research everything you do, get to know potter

·
Registered
902 Posts
Re: A little advice for the new kid (ToughGuy)

u should do suspension first, then exhaust, intake and chip..if ur still unhappy then go for the supercharger i wouldnt do that first though without any other mods. good luck with ur ride and welcome to the vortex, its gets slightly addicting.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Re: A little advice for the new kid (BuZnEE)

Suspension first! Then bolt on an ATP turbo or gather parts and custom make it. No red interior trim though.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

hey, guys i posted this and im extreamly suprised at how much info ive got back! keep it coming.
one question. one of my freinds told me about a thing for when u have turbo or sumpin. well when u hit the clutch it will keep pumping in fuel or sumpin so u dont get that jurk when u release the clutch and give gas. he said it was off the "fast and the furious" the sound when they shift the cars, has a clicking sound. never seen the movie my self (too lazy to rent it) so if anyone could help or give me sum info on that that would be kool, cuz he wants to know a lil more about it to..
Andy.

·
Registered
80 Posts

The basics behind getting an air filter and exaust are to help your engine breathe better (get the air in and out with less resistance) to boost the horsepower. I would definatly suggest doing some engine mods before you go and do any interior stuff so it will not only look good, but run good first. and yes, the Tex become very addictive. As much help and knowledge i've got from my countless hours here, sometimes i wish my roomate had never introduced me to it, i'm on here at least 10 or 20 times a day... its pretty sad but worth it

·
Banned
2,854 Posts

what it sound like your talking about is a blow off valve, alittle info for you on throwing fast and furious around your going to more than likely get abunch of BS on it. how it was stupid and glorified street racing. i believe the blow off valves, blows out the excess so you dont blow up your turbo if thats how it goes, im sure someone will correct me

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

yeah i know F&F screwed the image of street racing and such. but thanks.
ok this will probly be a little easyer. does anyone have AIM and is willing to help me answer sum questions. that would be really sweet and helpful.
can sum one email me a list of VW parts and sites with nice info on Jettas or anything Jetta ? lol im in the need of more info to read. lol
well im out.
Andy
oh email:
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Re: A little advice for the new kid (Bulldawg)

quote:[HR][/HR]i'd skip the suspention for now and go w/ some exaust/ airfilter/intake mods. it will make your car sound and run a whole lot better. What kind of engine does it have? if its anything less than a VR6, and im guessing youve got a 2.0, then u dont really need the suspention quite yet, save that for later.
[HR][/HR]​
never ever skip suspension to do mesely bolt on's first IMO. don't listen to this guy.

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Re: A little advice for the new kid (farfrummugen)

actually skipping suspension isant that big a mistake for the first few mods. living maine, i know how it is. the roads are horrible, and well, we have snow. i just got suspension and it makes a huge difference in looks/handling, but i woudnlt change the order of mods if i had to do it over again. i would rather have a decent increase in power with a chip and intake before the looks/handling capabilities of suspension. dont get me wrong, suspension is one of the best mods ive done yet, with a 2.0, other things come first in my opinion. by the way, where in maine are you??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: A little advice for the new kid (vwoah)

Well since you say you want a super charger or turbo charger I'm guessing you have some $$$
So (as everyone else has said) chip, intake, exhaust, is what I would go with first. Then suspension.
Soing stuff like painting your interior really doesn't have that much of an order if you ask me beacause it's very inexpensive, just something to do in your free time. But since you might grow sick of it, go to a junk yard, pray for a Jetta 3 to be there, and get all the interior pieces you want to paint. Then sand them, prime them, paint them, and then clear coat em. Then you will have red pieces and the stock stuff to swap. With that I'd recomend a nice boot and knob to go with it, and maybe e-brake handle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts