VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

A little durtydubs and a lot of eurowise: r32 AWD-twin turbo

1M views 2K replies 542 participants last post by  fouckhest 
#1 · (Edited)
A few of you know me and for those that don't a a brief history of me and my car.

I bought my 84 gti back in the late 90's and within a year the car was fitted with the typical mods of the time. Built high compression 2L 16valve, built 4k with LSD, suspension upgrades, some exterior and interior mods, bigger brakes and wheels (yes, wild cards... don't hate... :laugh:), must-have fuba antana, and a few other random things....

Then, the "bug" was planted into my head a couple years later courtesy of my sister (loopsnew), scott (assist racing), and old friend yoyo (yohannes). My sister convienced me to strip the car down and repaint it...

then yoyo had mentioned I should add a "little" extra power (turbo) since the motor was out and after talking with Scott at Assist Racing, well, the rest was history and I ended up with what many of you recognize as my little "bunny".

The build was fun, but all the people I have met along the way made it so much more of an experience for me. No one really understood why I'd spend so much time and money into something like a rabbit, except for some of you I've grown to know, enjoy, and respect! :beer::beer:

Having said all that, I'm happy to say that the little bunny is about to get another big change in its life.

This time, I've paired up with eurowise and after much talk, looks like its a go :thumbup: The project will take a good bit of time, but the end result should be all worth it!

During this build thread I am extremely open to ideas and think eurowise would also appreciate information you guys/gals could share in regards to the build. We have discussed a game plan in regards to the swap, but like everything else, plans don't always go as thought so am sure this will be a long, yet informative process for us all! For those that don't know much about eurwise, check them out at http://www.euro-wise.com Trust me, you've seen a lot of their stuff....

I leave everyone with one last clip I took a few weeks ago. I mainly took it to prove everything on the car is functional and WILL BE FOR SALE. I was borrowing an 020 from Scott so I had dialed the car down to only 8 lbs of boost, so trust me when I say the car was just trolling around ;)

Anyways, hope you boys and girls enjoy this thread!

take care,
nash

See less See more
1 5
#3 ·
w00t. in!

#16 ·
going to create a parts for sale thread soon with plenty of details and pics. but trust me when i say its all good and no expense is spared...

WTF is Yoyo...I haven't talk to him in awhile.
he's in georgia

Hell Ya!!! Bout Time!!!

Wassup Nash!! :cool:
nothing the past few days. just sitting in bed killing time on the internet... haven't had tha luxury in quite some time. unfortunately, i have the time for the wrong reason... :banghead:

this build is gonna be that^^^ bad ass
is it me or does the cartoon look like a cross between ron jeremy and rick james? "what did the 10" dick say to the face" "SLAP".... lol...

take care,
nash

#22 ·
goal is for h20 next year... motor, turbo, and driveline that is... new exterior and interior will follow shortly afterwards.

Get the hand outa the pants and get driving bitch..see ya soon:)
how about i keep one hand on the wheel and the other in my pants. expect manly kisses from me tobi!

Your car is my FAVORITE Rabbit. Always loved it:thumbup:
thanks for the kind words chandler :thumbup:

i guess some people really can never be pleased. u have what most people here would call their dream car. good luck with the r32 bits can't wait to see this thing completed
don't get me wrong, the little beast still puts a smile on my face when i mash on the throttle or when i park it and turn around and look at it as i walk away (psychotic, i know... lol...). But i have a feeling my life will change soon (i.e. marriage...) so figured one last horrah before the change so why not rebuild my dream car... hope to pass it on to little nash or na****ta one day :D

either way, the fun starts :thumbup:

take care,
nash

#21 ·
i guess some people really can never be pleased. u have what most people here would call their dream car. good luck with the r32 bits can't wait to see this thing completed

#25 ·
Then, the "bug" was planted into my head a couple years later courtesy of my sister (loopsnew), scott (assist racing), and old friend yoyo (yohannes). My sister convienced me to strip the car down and repaint it...
I dont think I had anything to do with the convincing .....:sly:

been waiting to see this sence the wrecked r32 thread :thumbup:
:( .... but hey, atleast the RDÜRTY2 lives on and most importantly, stays in the FAMILY ;) :D

You must not know Nash... he's always pleased :laugh: I think my brother will agree with me when I say building cars is not about the end result but the journey ;) No pun intended :p

so figured... why not rebuild my dream car...
For now :banghead: :laugh:

Love you!!!
moo!
:n

p.s.
TightDub said:
So this cats out the bag formerly too Good...I hate keeping spilled secrets
Tim, not posting something formally does not equal to keeping a secret ;) Everyone that's asked me or Nash what I was gonna do with the .:R knew right away it was getting transplanted into the bunny :D

p.p.s.
To all my fat rabbits, Nash promised he would kiss you all for me

#44 ·
Tim, not posting something formally does not equal to keeping a secret ;) Everyone that's asked me or Nash what I was gonna do with the .:R knew right away it was getting transplanted into the bunny :D
Theres quite a few who had me thinkin they were spies...tellin me untold things:laugh: But when a few folks tell u that dont really talk to each tother it comical to say its secret...as your spilling the beans:laugh: Iaske Nash once abt it..he confirmed it with a smile;)

Side note...I met this bunny b4 Nash and watched Gerald paint the whole shell..int and all..no mask..so I have this color in my lungs for sure..Lol
BTW your welcome for the floor not being oem color. G was gonna slide on it...I made him spray it:laugh:

Good luck with this thing for real...it means something to a lot of folks for different reasons:thumbup:

#26 ·
nah don't know him, i saw him at a few shows. also, he has my favorite set of wheels on his car, but i am too cheap to ever own a set haha

#27 ·
I hate you.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.