VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm sure most of you know that VW Credit is doing 0.9, 2.9, and 3.9% APR specials right now. The required FICO score for these specials is 700. I do not qualify, but my wife (who the car is really for anyway) has an Uncle who's FICO is plenty high enough and he's willing to co-sign. However, when I mentioned this to the dealer, they said that the rate is determined from the main purchaser, not the co-signer. So where does that leave me? Do I try to talk my Uncle-in-law into filling out the form as the primary buyer and put my wife down as co-signer? What's the downside to that? Will that still build her credit? I know it seems like a hassle...but 3.9% over 5 years saves a big stack of cash. Thanks in advance for any insight/help.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: A little help with VW credit/co-signer (jcantanixon)

If your uncle agrees to be the primary, you should be ok. Whomever is the secondary will still get the benefit on their credit report.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.