VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not for sure if its from the timing belt but coming from the left side (facing the car). The only thing I can think of is the timing belt. Its not a loud screech or anything just a little squeak that can only be heard outside the car if you are listening for it. The timing belt looks fine and everything seems to be spinning correctly. The noise comes and goes upon start up. I have had the timing belt and all that stuff replaced not too long ago so I don't think its from being worn. Is it from being cold or something I should look into? What else could be making the noise from that side of the engine bay?

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Re: a little squeaking from timing belt. (Wolfs Edition DUB77)

Have you pulled the cover to make sure nothing is getting in the way of the belt?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: a little squeaking from timing belt. (McBee)

the cover as in the plastic shield below the car (splash guard) I haven't gotten under the car yet just looked though up top. I'll be getting under there hopefully this week for an oil change and transmission fluid change. The noise went away after the car warmed up sitting in the garage running for a bit so I'm guessing its from being cold. If I spay some WD-40 or something in there is that ok or could it make the belt slide off?

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
Re: a little squeaking from timing belt. (Wolfs Edition DUB77)

Quote, originally posted by Wolfs Edition DUB77 »
If I spay some WD-40 or something in there is that ok or could it make the belt slide off?

i've done that for the past 30k miles. i don't recommend it, but it didn't make my belt slide off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts