VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 72 510 tonight. Been wanting one of these for years, and I was looking for something RWD to play with.
How she sits right now:

How she will look when complete:

And the jealous garage mate

·
Banned
10,156 Posts
Re: A new addition to my garage!! (hedcaseGLI)

thats a very nice specimen. I dont normally like japanese cars but I must say, the 510 is one fine unit. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
edit: apparently the word j a p is censored.
the world is becoming too pc. next thing you know, the abbreviation lmk and wtf are going to be censored.

Modified by Rabbit 16v at 10:41 PM 7-18-2005

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: A new addition to my garage!! (Rabbit 16v)

I think the 510 is what got me into VW's in the first place. My friend's older brother was always working on them and I thought they were badass. Then I saw a golf with dual rounds when I got my license and it reminded me of the 510's front end. I guess I just love old skool boxy cars.

·
Registered
12,715 Posts
Re: A new addition to my garage!! (Rabbit 16v)

that's funny, i was actually looking at a few today...gonna go check a few out this week..will be the next project after i part the jetta...
check out dave at collision specialties..he is pretty good with them...he ha sa 510 with a sr20 swap that just put down 412whp...
he'll be doing my swap http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: A new addition to my garage!! (Us2bA4dr)

Quote, originally posted by Us2bA4dr »
that's funny, i was actually looking at a few today...gonna go check a few out this week..will be the next project after i part the jetta...
check out dave at collision specialties..he is pretty good with them...he ha sa 510 with a sr20 swap that just put down 412whp...
he'll be doing my swap http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yowza!! Now that's what I'm talkin bout' (Kip Dynamite voice) I think that a sr20 swap is the route I want to take, but I'm gonna take my time and use it for a daily for a while while I round up ideas and parts and such.(I have a 5 min commute) Yeah, I want a car I can do doughnuts in!!!

·
Registered
43,726 Posts
Re: A new addition to my garage!! (dmoney)

Quote, originally posted by dmoney »
lookin good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
An sr20 is just plain fun in a 240..i cant imagine how it would be in the 510

sr20deT would be lots of fun in a 510

·
Registered
481 Posts
Re: A new addition to my garage!! (travy420)

Congrats, those cars are so fun.
My dad had a few dimes a couple of years ago, sold em all for one sum of $700. Made me sad. One was in real good shape and the other two were good parts cars (peanut head, coils, msd ignition). My uncle in Cali has a real sweet one that is a torque monster.

·
Registered
775 Posts
hey man, those cars are sick, i was looking at getting one before i bougth m GTI. there is a guy in snohomish that speicalizes in them. i talked ot hima few tiems. its been awhile htough, but i would look him up if i were you. would love to see some more pics. those cars are sexy!

·
Banned
5,861 Posts
Re: A new addition to my garage!! (hedcaseGLI)

I would kill to get my hands on a Datsun 510, always will be one of my favorite cars.
Too bad I've only seen a handful of these on the road, and 99% of the ones I do see usually are rusted out of control or have been ruined with tacky modifications.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: A new addition to my garage!! (JesterVr6 Too!)

Yeah, I'm really excited to take this baby home tonight and get going on it. I bought it on a whim because you don't come across these things very often. The last owner said there is always people asking how much he would sell it for, or notes left on it with phone numbers making offers. I don't think I'll ever be getting rid of it!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.