VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was waiting to pick up my car from service I overheard this conversation between the service rep and customer on the phone. The customer side is what I assume the poor bloke said:
After a long series of overpriced recommended service items -
Service Rep - ...and your transmission fluid is low. It will cost $250 to top off.
Customer - why so much?
Service Rep - because it's a sealed system and you just can't add fluid.
Customer - what has to be done?
Service Rep - Well we have to hook it up to a machine and warm up the fluid. Then we can add the fluid and reseal the system. It's a bit of a complicated process and the fluid costs about $30 a quart.
Customer - Do I really need it. That's a lot of $$.
Service Rep. - Well I'm only the messenger, don't be mad at me. I read what they write down.
$250 FOR A FREAKIN' TRANSMISSION FLUID TOP OFF!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Re: A new dealer low...conversations overheard (BostonMk4)

i woulda yelled out the truth so the customer would know the truth.
im an ass.....but hell.....f uck the dealers if they are going to rip people off like that

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: A new dealer low...conversations overheard (Mike VR6)

Might have taken the guy/gal aside if they were there in person but I was afraid of doing someting like shouting out "what a ripoff" since my car was in for warranty service. Don't want them messing with my ride in retaliation.

·
Banned
3,143 Posts

i hope you cancelled whatever work was being done and headed for a reputable dealership. ask the service rep what volkswagen means, i bet he has no idea that its the peoples car http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
D_J

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: A new dealer low...conversations overheard (JettJagwar)

quote:[HR][/HR]i hope you cancelled whatever work was being done and headed for a reputable dealership. [HR][/HR]​
Actually it was warranty work on my car and I was picking up my car, not dropping it off.

·
Registered
326 Posts

The procdure for adding ATF is to check the fluid level with a 1551 when WARM (or vag-com), it has to match some number in the manual, if it doesn't, you have to add oil until it starts to drip out the side - no joke. You CANNOT use anything other than VW fluid ( I forget the type but anything else will eat the auto trans). It is about $17 a quart, NOT $30. I plan to get mine done soon (50k), and I know of a couple people who had it done for around $130.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: A new dealer low...conversations overheard (BoraTdi)

quote:[HR][/HR] You CANNOT use anything other than VW fluid ( I forget the type but anything else will eat the auto trans). [HR][/HR]​
Complete BS - As with anything else, you can use any fluid that meets VW requirements. I think it's called type G fluid but don't hold me to that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.