VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
Re: a pic of removable hard yellow top (dino01)

Now that would be cool if it were a one piece or even two so you can run targa style but what's with the hacked up jigsaw puzzle look? It looks like my kid's Gundam toys. Does it turn into a Honda if you re-align the parts?

Modified by bigdaddydave at 10:20 PM 11-19-2004

· Registered
18,724 Posts
Re: a pic of removable hard yellow top (Cab42)

The look on the face of the guy in blue says it all....

· Registered
6,836 Posts
Re: a pic of removable hard yellow top (bigdaddydave)

bigdaddydave said:
Does it turn into a Honda if you re-align the parts?

QUOTE]
God, I hope not..

· Registered
4,225 Posts
Re: a pic of removable hard yellow top (eurocabi)

Quote, originally posted by eurocabi »
Oh man, thats an old car. i remember it was a couple of English guys who wanted to make a removable hard top. i think that was the only one they ever made.
I think it was about 10 years ago

You may be partly right. However I remember seeing the ads for those tops in old VW&PORSCHE magazines waaaay back in 87-88? I have several magazines from that era, and cant seem to find the ads.
At one point I was trying to track down one of those tops and have it shipped across the pond. Think how UBER RARE one of those would be here in the US! Call me crazy...... But I swear I remember the ads saying that the tops were made by Happich.

· Registered
4,225 Posts
Re: a pic of removable hard yellow top (bigdaddydave)

Quote, originally posted by bigdaddydave »
Now that would be cool if it were a one piece or even two so you can run targa style but what's with the hacked up jigsaw puzzle look?

Actually it's more like eight pieces! And yes that top was made so you could take off the top panel and go a la targa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.