VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

A pillar gauge pods, lets see them.

1039 Views 15 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  SauerKraut

Shatty pic, but you get the idea... $20 vacuum gauge, a/f gauge coming soon. I love pillar pods cause they scare people!
See less See more
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Re: A pillar gauge pods, lets see them. (NimmidoGTI)

Where'd you get those?
And what size are the gauges, the usual?

I love gauges and yours looks great, but i always wondered if thier is a way to flush the gauge pod so you cant see the thick plastic piece onthe A-pillar. to make just the gauges pods stick out you know?
Re: A pillar gauge pods, lets see them. (eastcoastdubs)

I know what youre saying, I think if you took off the A-pillar trim piece, and cut the pod piece to fit the pillar, then it would look smooth! Oh yeah, the pod is actually for a 93-95 civic.
LOL Yeah, the gauge is 2" and I had to ream out the hole for a snug fit.
See less See more

looks good tho, do you have power to them for night?

Hell yeah!! thats half the fun.
Still lookin for a 2nd gauge to fill the other hole...
See less See more

so where did u git the pods from? what brand, they dont appear to be the autometer ones..
Re: A pillar gauge pods, lets see them. (panic)

autometer pod, got it at schuck's, and some no name brand gauge, but it does the job quite nicely.

what color does it light up?

quote:[HR][/HR]autometer pod, got it at schuck's, and some no name brand gauge, but it does the job quite nicely.[HR][/HR]​
schucks?? i wasnt aware that autometer made em for the a2's

can you get some better pics during the daylight? I'm quite interested in seeing the mounting system you used
Re: A pillar gauge pods, lets see them. (16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]can you get some better pics during the daylight? I'm quite interested in seeing the mounting system you used[HR][/HR]​
Will do. Im getting a second gauge tomorrow, so Ill have better pics. But yeah, like i said, its a honda (oh no, I said the forbidden word
J/K) pod and I got it at schucks, so the fit is far from perfect. looks good from the drivers seat though, and thats all that matters for me... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Oh yeah, I have the gauge set up to light up green to match my cluster.

[Modified by NimmidoGTI, 12:29 AM 11-24-2001]
See less See more
Re: A pillar gauge pods, lets see them. (duff_man2000)

ooooo, ok, u never said before it was a honda pod. ive been told that the 92-95 civics fit with almost no real problems, just gotta heat up the plastic a lil.
ive had an autometer a/f gauge forever that needs to go in ma car, and i need to git a oil pressure one too yet.
for the guy that asked about changing the color of them, i know on vdo gauges u can git bulb "condoms" for the back to change the light from a greenish color to red, so u may b able to just spray the bulb itself with some translucent blue and see how that works out

To change the color of the bulbs is simple - go get a permanent ink marker (e.g. Sharpie marker) in the color that you want and color the bulb with it. If you don't like the color or want to change it, just use rubbing alcohol to wipe off the color.
Does the color fade??- well, I did mine in green over two years ago and it still looks great.
SteveC
re: panic

quote:[HR][/HR]Oh yeah, the pod is actually for a 93-95 civic.
LOL [HR][/HR]​
Au contraire, I did say that it was a honda pod. I have a green "condom" thingy over my bulb to give it the green color.
See less See more
Re: A pillar gauge pods, lets see them. (16v)

some daylight pics.

See less See more
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.