VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a post here or there about the small few of us who have the 2022 model so let’s make a spot for us to chat in, since the 2022 has an updated engine and drivetrain

Picked mine up June 29th was not even in market for this car I was considering a Gti, but since the gti on the lot where all called for this was sitting in the back still wrapped up, I never considered this car before due to the transmission but when he told me they finally put a dsg in it I was tempted to take it for a test drive. First thing I wanna do to it is find some new wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
Good idea on this thread.
My first mods on my 2022 will be OBD11 coding. I ordered another OBD11(iOS version) last night. Using my original OBD11 with a kindle fire wasn’t the best user experience last time I used it in my Audi. so hopefully using the new unit with my iPhone and iPad will be better.
The things I want to code or run apps for are No seat belt chime, windows and sunroof vent open/close from key fob and maybe turn off start/stop. Not sure what else at the moment but I’ll see.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive Been trying to figure out how to activate the adaptive lane assists instead of it only being on when travel assist is on when in cruise, the atlas cross sport we have has it as an option. i would suggest not turning on the auto lock feature as i have a habbit of leaving my car running when i run to the gas station and if you take your keys with you it will auto lock and basically lock you out of the car unless you use the key on hidden slot by the handle.

·
Registered
2021 VW Arteon SEL R-Line FWD Lapiz Blue
142 Posts
Ive Been trying to figure out how to activate the adaptive lane assists instead of it only being on when travel assist is on when in cruise, the atlas cross sport we have has it as an option. i would suggest not turning on the auto lock feature as i have a habbit of leaving my car running when i run to the gas station and if you take your keys with you it will auto lock and basically lock you out of the car unless you use the key on hidden slot by the handle.
Why would you do any of that?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leave your car running at the gas station and locked. Turn off your car before leaving it to pump gas. Also, you can use Car-Net to unlock without keys or start the car remotely.
Let me try to explain it lol, I don’t leave my car running when I pump gas just when I run inside to get a drink and I don’t do it every time but I bring my keys either way, but I unlocked the auto lock feature through OBDeleven which will automatically lock all doors when any door is shut and the keys are not in the car, so I figured out the hard way that if you leave your car running and take your keys with you the doors will lock and it will render your key fob and carnet worthless, I had to pop the cap off the door to unlock it with the blade. I turned it off since then because of that reason.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Lane keep works on mine without cruise being engaged. It’s too intrusive for everyday driving for me though, I’ve turned it off for now. There’s an info graphic you can access through the menu button, then drive assist IIRC. When comes up you can pick what you want on/off by touching the feature. For lane keep touch the traffic lines and it’ll bring up a submenu and turn blue when activated.
I certainly won’t turn on auto lock.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lane assists gives you what it says in the lane assists but adaptive lane assist or traffic assist keeps you centered in the lane and only comes on during cruise control when you hit the bottom button on the left of your steering wheel. I was trying to find a way turn that on without cruise being activated as it’s in the cross sport but not the Arteon

·
Registered
'21 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion
77 Posts
I made a few changes to my '21 model which I will most likely remove before selling it. I'm planning to install those on the '22 when I get it next week. They are: Dynamic LED turn lights (in the mirror caps), Rearview mirror with HomeLink Connect, European Break Lights, Engine Start/Stop cable and a few mods with OBD 11 to turn on Dynamic Headlight, etc.

I really would like to add the Head Up Display (HUP) from the 2022 Golf R to my car. Hopefully someone will figure out the part numbers needed to make it look as close as possible to the OEM.

·
Registered
2022 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line
28 Posts
I ordered the following for my 2022 Arteon …

APR wheel spacers 100mm front and 17mm rear.​
Dynamic Wheel Center caps.​
Stainless License plate holder.​
Liquid Moly 5W-30 oil for initial break-in oil change​

Plans for next few weeks …

PPF​
Gloss Black Roof wrap​
Ceramic Tint​
Thule Roof Top Cargo Carrier wrapped in Pearl White vinyl.​

Will keep you guys updated with pictures as I get things done.

Reactions: VWtiguan2014

·
Registered
712 Posts
Frank what’s the plan for the white vinyl?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
2022 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line
28 Posts
I noticed a few paint defects after a very through hand wash, after my 900 mile ride home. I will have Clay bar the car followed by Groit's Correcting cream and Polish, hopefully all the defects will be fixed.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

The DRL's look nice...

Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
17,034 Posts
Let me try to explain it lol, I don’t leave my car running when I pump gas just when I run inside to get a drink and I don’t do it every time but I bring my keys either way, but I unlocked the auto lock feature through OBDeleven which will automatically lock all doors when any door is shut and the keys are not in the car, so I figured out the hard way that if you leave your car running and take your keys with you the doors will lock and it will render your key fob and carnet worthless, I had to pop the cap off the door to unlock it with the blade. I turned it off since then because of that reason.
Okay....well you can just enable "lock car with engine running" and then you can leave the car running and walk away and lock/unlock it with the fob still:

Lock with keyfob while engine running
Control Unit 09
Security Access
Adaptation
ZV allgemein
Funk bei Klemme 15 ein
Old Value: not_active
New Value: active

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay....well you can just enable "lock car with engine running" and then you can leave the car running and walk away and lock/unlock it with the fob still:

Lock with keyfob while engine running
Control Unit 09
Security Access
Adaptation
ZV allgemein
Funk bei Klemme 15 ein
Old Value: not_active
New Value: active
Thanks I’ll try it out

·
Registered
712 Posts
I tried to run some apps on OBD11 today and none of them took. Seat belt warning and comfort windows. What am I doing wrong? Does the hood have to open for those to run as well?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts