VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so this winter my Jetta is getting a major face lift which will include among other things a wide body conversion (BBR). I want to run a 16" rim with a 45 series tire but I don't know what width rim to go with. I was thinking a 16x8 but I'm not sure if they will rub when turning or not. Also, if I only went with a 16x7 what size spacers should I run so that the rims don't look like they're gettin lost in the larger wheel wells? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Re: A question for all you wide body guys and gals... (elicitvr6)

if youre going widebody anyways...there's no other way than 16x9

16x8 shouldnt rub with a widebody at all. i run 16x9 and dont rub on turns as it is

·
Registered
11,502 Posts

i had to import them from germany...no one sells them over there. if youre looking for similar rims with depth and size over here, look at brocks.

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: A question for all you wide body guys and gals... (JPawn1)

quote:[HR][/HR]16x8 would be sweet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Have you found any you might be looking at? It's hard to find that size without them being custom.[HR][/HR]​
Can't seem to find anything in a 16x8. Found a couple 16x7.5's but no 16x8's. I do like the Brock B2's but damn, they're 16x9's! What happens when I fill the car up with people? I really like the look of the ATS Planets and the OZ Volcanos but I can only find them in 16x7. Guess I could use a spacer but I'd much rather have a nice fat rim. The search goes on...

·
Registered
11,502 Posts

even if you have 4 people in the car, with a widebody, you should be fine. like i said, me and a lot of other people have 9's with little to no body work on there now. mine would be crappy with 4 people in the car but if you have an extra 2" of clearance at the fenders, it wouldnt be a problem AT ALL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.