VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well not really. Just a story from tonight.
The exhaust on my car has been messed up for a while now, i just haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'm pretty sure most of the problems arose from a broken hanger that I was just too lazy to fix.
Anyways, my buddy Max has one of the worst driveways you'll ever encounter. If your car is lowered, don't even think about it. So as I'm pulling into his driveway, I'm thinking, "Man, this is a horrible idea... I hate this driveway!" But I thought I'd be a polite friend and give door to bar service... Anyways, as I'm almost at the summit of this god awful driveway entrance, I hear a metal on pavement scrape, and then a very, very loud exhaust sound... I had officially become a r!cer... The exhaust separated in the middle, after the cat but before the resonator... I was able to get under there and stick it back in after it cooled down a bit, but it fell out again as I pulled into my own not so perfect driveway. Just thought I'd post my sob story...

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,807 Posts
Re: A quick way to turn your car into a r!ce burner... (yem_icculus)

My tailpipe fell off, at the muffler. You would be surprised at how important that 2 ft section of pipe is. With the hole in the cat flange, it sounds like an old Mustang.

Modified by VDub2625 at 1:34 AM 11-20-2004

· Banned
3,508 Posts
Re: A quick way to turn your car into a r!ce burner... (yem_icculus)

I have done it, both on accident on purpose, but it doesnt sound like a rice burner. Just a 4 banger with out an exhaust. What kind of exhaust are the rice guys rockin wher you live?

· Registered
443 Posts
Re: A quick way to turn your car into a r!ce burner... (VDub2625)

act same thing happened to my helios after i put the tt exhaust on it, i was going into the shop where i work and there was a signifcant lip, and BOOM the whole shop echoed throughout almost all of Burien! worst part of it though, i bent the piece that goes over my rear beam, its about 100.00 bucks. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.