VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

A REAL go-kart venue - not a kiddie ride...

475 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  4DoorSleeper 
#1 ·
http://www.allsportsgp.com/
Reading about all this go-karting brought to mind this place in Sterling, VA. It's best to rent out the whole place although it takes a fair deposit ($500 IIRC) and isn't cheap ($60/person for 25 people). I've been there for a friend's bachelor party and for an SCCA membership meeting - it's a blast and the closest experience to racing without the investment. The only caveat is that these aren't kiddie karts so they frown upon any contact - so much so that if you hit, you're parked in a penalty box and if you do it again, you get to go home.

#5 ·
Re: (yelloa3gti)

quote:[HR][/HR]been there too................ got a membership ITS BAD ASS[HR][/HR]​
So you REALLY got sucked in, eh? I've been able to avoid the temptation of buying a membership although it's been tough. Alot of the local SCCA club racers form leagues in the winter to hone their skills - that might be an option for this group too.

#6 ·
Re: (mgyip)

been there once before... i loved that track... thats the kind of karting i really love... over this past summer i spent probably upwards of $500(prob more!!!) @ Dromo1(an indoor kart place in socal)... we used to go atleast once a weekend
its great as long as everyone wants to RACE... not mess around

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.