VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there will be a few of you that will be quick to say, we already knew this or that. But for some of the others. I went to my VW dealer yesterday, one of the larger ones in the northeast. Asked a few questions, they had some info from VW stating the R32 was going into production for the US market in week 29 (that should be the third week in July). They figured they could start arriving 4-6 weeks there after. They will all be tagged as 2004 models, the number of 5000 is correct. BUT, 1500 are to be released in 2003 (September) and the other 3500 in January of 2004. What they did tell me was, the number of 337's that were released was 1500 also. So then they began to relate to how fast they were sold, and how many they recieved as a dealer. They are a large dealership and they recieved two 337's they did end up with another one do to a trade off. They were all sold four months prior to their arrival. All I'm offering here really as far as info is, if you are thinking about an R32, it might not be a good idea to think to long. All the other info was the same as far as we know, 6 speed manual, sunroof, the four colors ect.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (RiGoR)

thanks for the update, i'm just concerned with the only tranny being dsg. also anyone know if the 3500 being offered after jan will be the same car or will it only be a 4 door?? i wish vwoa would release some sold info already, everything seems so touch and go

[Modified by AudiVwMeister, 9:55 PM 1-29-2003]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (AudiVwMeister)

Well if production is set to begin in July, I would expect that VWoA will announce what exactly is going on and if any differences in the possible 'initial' shipment from the latter. I'd say we'll probably get a better idea of whats going on by April.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (RiGoR)

Don't ever trust a sales rep... once you've put your trust in one of them it's all over... They will have you believing that cows fly and fish walk on land

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (jbuck99)

quote:[HR][/HR]the number of 5000 is correct. BUT, 1500 are to be released in 2003 (September) and the other 3500 in January of 2004.[HR][/HR]​
I'll put money down that the 1500 are DSG and the 3500 are 6 speed manual.
20AE for me. I can't wait another year for a new car.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (Justin Osman)

i also went to a local dealership today in Dublin, Ohio outside of columbus MAG is the name of it, very very prestigeious dealer , i asked them about the R32 and what info they had, here is a brief run down of what i was told....
3 of the salesmen said a few tid bits (and i was the one that seemed to know the most info about the damn car) They all said it was to arrive in AUGUST now that is the earliest date i have heard yet, and they seemed positive about it. the 20th Anniv. GTI will arrive in May in similar 337 style with the SAME WHEELS as the R32, what the Hell is that? the colors for the R32 it seemed they had to come to a concensus about them, blue black yellow and silver, which is one more color than another dealer told me.
also they said HIDs were available, well 2 of the 3 of them did, the other said no, they didnt know about the sunroof, NAV, or climatronic, also said the Konig seats would go and be replaced by possibly Recaro's (maybe to fix the issue of the headrest hitting the sunvisors). i mentioned tranny, they said 6 speed would be first with the DSG being a following option. then Price, one guy commented that it would be low $30s, the other one said $29,999, and other said around $27-29k.
so this is more, less, and new, same info that i got from another VW dealer just across town, so i have no clue what to think as of yet.
they did say Jazz blue would be a color for the 20th anniv. GTI and the colors for the R32 would be Black Magic (same color as Raven Black on the audi TT), deep blue, Imola Yellow, and silver.
so i dont know what to think as of yet, they didnt say anything about production numbers and releasing X number of cars when and Y number of cars later.
just some more info that anyone can piece together how they want.
OH OH OH another interesting comment. VWVORTEX1 listen up, the one sales guy commented that "jamie is not getting the info ahead of time that he used to, and VW realizes that" so Jamie you go get em and get us that info like you have in the past man, keep it up.
thats my $.02
Brian

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I would be willing to bet, well almost. By everything I've read here and what I was told at the dealership.
#1 The R32 will cost 29,995.00
#2 The four colors will be Blue, Black, Red and Silver
#3 It will have climate control
#4 It will have a standard sunroof

#5 It will not have the headlights that we'd all love to have

#6 It will start arriving on September 15th, 2003
#7 It will only be available in a 6 speed manual (at first, dsg Jan. 2004) maybe
#8 The radio will suck like all VW's (sorry had to through than in)
#9 If you don't get to your dealer to make your deposit before the next two magazine articles that make more than a passing mention of this car come out. Than all of this conversation will mean nothing, cuz they will all be sold out til 2005. Don't wait, you'll be late!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

A concern of mine... is there any other car coming out before hand as a way of test driving the DSG (or something damn similar) ? If I really had a fun time with the DSG, I would possibly consider it, although I wont mind at all if I have to go with a stick. Just dont want to buy a stick in Sept and then wish I woulda got a DSG come Jan.

·
Registered
949 Posts

adding to what jbuck said, I think of the 5000 that are " supposedly "
coming, 1500-2000 will be available this year with maybe 1 or 2 options
(no dsg) and then the rest of production (3000-3500) will be made available with dsg as an option. I also think that the remainder of production will be made of more than just two door R32's ,ie. maybe a
4 door R32.
But i think instead of making a 4 door Golf R32 , I think they will bring a
Jetta R32! Think about it,which of the A4 platform is their biggest seller?
Also why would Jamie post a pic in the golf/jetta A4 forum of a jetta with
a R32 front? I know he said its for the next W.E. (wolfsburg),but truthfully
I think its more to get opinions, & I think we are really looking at what might be a Jetta R32.
*just my 2 cents*

·
Registered
721 Posts

As far as believing what the dealership and sales people know about the R32 and 20th AE GTI - It's a bit fishy at best. I called the local VW dealer the other day to inquire about the R32 and 20th AE. He said he didn't know much about the R32 and hadn't heard about the 20th AE being offered. I told him I saw it in VWVortex and he say's "well we get a lot of our info from VWVortex, so I guess I'll have to get online and check it out." So no magic ball or extra special confidential advanced knowledge from this dealership. It is good to know that the Tex has a place in the dealerships though.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (Karma)

I'm jsut going to what for a bunch of people to go out and buy the R32 even though they can't afford it and pick it up used for like $5k off. Just look at all the 337s going up for sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (ImRollin)

well...i just came home from the Auto show in Harrisburg which is supposed to be biggest one in north east and the guy straight from VW company says that the R32 Golf AWD vr6 comes out this year and that it will be priced at 28K. That guy is straight from the company too so he must know somethin. I should have gotten more info but i didnt think to ask.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (turbolaserAWDrs)

quote:[HR][/HR]That guy is straight from the company too so he must know somethin.[HR][/HR]​
Or you'd like to believe...

EZ

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: a SMALL amount of info --- R32 (Justin Osman)

quote:[HR][/HR]at 29500 I think there will be plenty sitting on lots, so no need to rush.
[HR][/HR]​
Well.... actualy at my dealer there are already 7 people in line for just 10 the dealer gets. So just 3 left. Obviously - Noooooo rush!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts