VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasssup everyone... is it possible to make the new 2002 camry more 'fun to drive' or more pleasurable?? If it is possible... what would it need and how much would it cost? It would be good to keep the price low...Are there any sites that i can check out?
thanx for your help!

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (mtrainVR6)

hahaha thats nice.... but.. seriously....
cause my dad is considering getting that 'thing' to replace the wonderful golf... can anyone give me some good points to say, so that my dad won't trade the golf? He wanted to trade the golf cause he can't put his golf clubs in the trunk without folding the seat...which he hates... and he also worried that the car will have costly problems later on (window regulator....)
The chance of convincing my dad not to trade the golf is very little... so.. what do i need to do to make the camry... more.... 'drivers car'

· Registered
208 Posts

whoa mtrainvr6!
Anyhow! Sure the Maxima has the upper hand in performance and my opinion looks, but I'm sure there are ways to make the Camry a sweeter car. I highly doubt there is a large aftermarket, if any at all, for an '02 Camry. Your search might be difficult!
Check and see if parts for older models will fit yours, suspension/performance etc...
- Brian

· Registered
3,932 Posts
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (00 Golf 1.8T)

I'll bet very few people know that TRD has a division called Kazuma (www.kazumaparts.com), which has supercharger and suspension kits for the '97-'01 Camry, among other vehicles http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
10,783 Posts
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (Apollo-Soyuz 1975)

OKay okay okay, I'm sorry.....
I was about to say the TRD route. I was harsh, but I just can't respect a car that requires an extra $3-$5 grand on the MSRP for "reliability record".
Anyway, its a good car for what it is, and the factory TRD support is very very nice. The 3.0V6 can be equipped with a TRD supercharger and myriad suspension bits.
Also try a Honda Accord V6, very nice driving experience and even better resale value when the time comes to sell.
Also Nissan Altima V6, if he can take a slightly smaller car. The Altima is the buy to get IMHO.

· Registered
23,044 Posts

Camry SE already a step above LE and XLE in terms of suspension and chassis tuning. Try to convince him to get a "sportier" Camry as a fundamental. You really can't make a LE or XLE "exciting" as long as they are intended to be a luxury family sedan instead of SE's "sportier" family sedan.
Noticed I "quoted" the "sportier" since Camry still not sporty enough for an enthuisast. Drop a TRD supercharger and a few suspension mods, the Camry will be downright "sportier".

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (Lackey)

i'm only 16.... and im gonna have to drive what my parents drive..... i love the golf that we have now... but too bad the trunk can't fit the golf clubs.... do u think a passat will fit?? Ma dad said no.... but.. i hope it can...
As for the parts for the camry... are there much that i can do beside adding a turbo/SC? And definitely.. the camry needs to be lowered... especially the back...
oh and forgot to mention.. my dad will be gettting the SE if he really decides to get the new camry....
[Modified by 00 Golf 1.8T, 8:47 PM 11-20-2001]

[Modified by 00 Golf 1.8T, 8:48 PM 11-20-2001]

· Registered
23,044 Posts

Passat's trunk is pretty huge, also has an advantage of uninstrusive trunk hingles. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif It should have no trouble fitting your golf clubs in.
Camry's trunk is also pretty large but your golf clubs gonna have a risk of crashing with instrusive trunk hingles.

[Modified by A4Jetta, 8:50 PM 11-20-2001]

· Banned
10,783 Posts
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (A4Jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]Camry's trunk is also pretty large but your golf clubs gonna have a risk of crashing with instrusive trunk hingles.

[Modified by A4Jetta, 8:50 PM 11-20-2001][HR][/HR]​
Bah dum bum! How many of you saw this one coming from three miles away?

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
34,225 Posts

Make it "exciting", and it's still a Camry...
On the other hand, if you put a thong-wearing Natalie Portman in the back seat with a bottle of baby oil, a six-pack of Hocker-Pschorr, and a double cheese pizza, I'm becoming quite intrigued...

· Registered
476 Posts
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (A4Jetta)

does your Dad like the Golf? if he does why not keep with VW? A Passat would carry plenty of golf clubs, in fact i'd bet a Jetta would too. But, he should get what ever he wants, it's just that you'd be going from a car that has plenty of character and is rather fun to drive, to just an appliance

· Registered
25,455 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]is it possible to make the new 2002 camry more 'fun to drive' or more pleasurable?? If it is possible... what would it need and how much would it cost? [HR][/HR]​
Cost? About $10. Tools required... Milwaukee Sawzall and large roll of duct tape.
Cut roof off car with Sawzall and patch the rough edges with duct tape. Optionally, paint orange and yellow flames on the side. I'm struggling trying to think of any other way to add any character to a Camry.

· Registered
15,474 Posts
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (GeoffD)

First of all, the Camry is a decent car for its purpose. Secondly, it's quite a good drive once its suspension is tweaked, as in the V6 Touring models we have over here. Thirdly, I don't think I would really want one myself though I wouldn't mind driving one. It's just that there are other cars in its size and prize range which are far more interesting.

· Registered
198 Posts
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (David Votoupal)

I GOT TO ADMIT THE CAMRY IS A GOOD CAR.I LIKE SOME TOYOTA CARS BUT YOU SEE CAMRY'S SO MUCH EVEN IF YOU FIX IT UP TO THA FULLEST ITS STILL GONNA LOOK BORING.THE CAMRY IS SO BORING THAT IF I WERE TO DRIVE ONE I WOULD FALL ASLEEP BECAUSE OF BOREDOM

· Registered
2,805 Posts
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (fastfour)

I would think that the Passat's trunk is the same size, if not bigger than the Camry's. The single thing that surprises the most people on my mom's Passat is how big the trunk is. Me and a group of friends do a string quartet, and my friend's dad was convinced we couldn't fit all four instruments in the back of the Passat because the back is so "short." I stuffed a cello, a viola, 2 violins, and 4 folding music stands into that sucker with no trouble. There is no doubt that golf clubs would fit into the trunk.

Now that I'm done with that...I'd like to point out that the Altima is not smaller than the Accord/Camry. I actually think its longer than the Maxima, so...

· Registered
11,635 Posts
Re: A way to make a camry more 'exciting'? (AndrewT)

i dont' know how a set of clubs wouldn't fit ina a golf?!? I've fit a big 27" tv and two big floorstanding speakers in my gti, as well as my 19" monitor, my pc tower, and all my stereo equipt (receiver, vcr, cd changer, timer, cables...) and laid all my hanging clothes (about 6 linear feet) on top of them AND still had plenty of room left.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.