VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i was driving westbound on rt 195 towards trenton today in central jers, i noticed that the public workers were redoing the road. upon further inspection the fast lane was just completed and the slow lane was still being worked on, so the level of raod was higher on the left than it was on the right. this is becuase they had just laid the new asphault on the left. and it occured to me that if i were in the right hand lane and had to get over into the left lane , my car would have to go up over the height increment, which was atleast 3 inches high. anyone with lips should be careful as for going up over this asphault change, it could rash the side lips of your rims with low profile tires....meaning it would scratch as it got close to it as you went over it....i hope i explained that the best i could.....it did not happen to me but i was aware of this and stayed in my lane.
pics for views..

·
Registered
24,360 Posts
Re: A word of advice... (DaFabolous2.0)

i drive I195 everyday and i always hit that streach of road at 80mph w/ the workvan...didn't ever think about lower'd cars and that part of 195...i'll let you guys know when the roadwork is finished...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.