VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im relatively new to the whole A1 thing, but for the short time I have been here/ and the shirt time ive owned the car i would never turn back! Anyways just wondering whats the age majority for people owning a1's? are you all "starving art students" like me choosing to buy the next thing for your car rather than a new shirt(hey its the best example i could think of
) or are you all a bunch of part hounding old men who want to own the car they couldnt have when they were my age!
I also thre ion a pic of myself working on my car, not a very good one though, but the only i had. If others want do the same, its always nice to put a face behind the username. Thanx!
me working on my baby:

solo shot of just her:

*edit: posted a pic of my baby by herself, and somemore info figuring i started the thread and everyone was posting more than I did!

[Modified by 87veedub, 9:06 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: A1 owners Thread (87veedub)

Im 18, and my car is a project car.. Thats why i bought it in this condition, so i can work on it. thats the whole idea of a project car.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Me pimping

My car( like i mentioned before... Its a project
)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by G.Q, 2:45 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Re: A1 owners Thread (deathhare)

Not a college student..

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

part time college student. 20. male. my intrestes includes long walks on the beach, a nice quite evening in the garge, and of course volkwagens. my ideal date would be, someone short. 2 dr style kind of gal. older the better. and she has to run on gas. hope to hear from you

(ok, its still early, give me a break)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

28, Have not been a student for about 5 years. Have driven only A1's since I was 17. My old man is 58 and still drives an A1 to work as a Professor. He keeps the Audi in the garage most of the time.

BTW, I am trying to get a pic of my car to post...

[Modified by stock77, 4:40 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Re: A1 owners Thread (Driftin GTI)

i feel strange today.. and i can't see straight.

edit cos i forgot some stuff..
i'm 21, work full time at a newspaper doing next to nothing and making fairly good dough to boot. i'd like to go to art school, but i think i'll just go the "genious dropout" route instead making a name for myself without too much schoolin'.

if it's not A1's then A2's are the newest i'll do. any fancier cars will be either audis or porsches.. maybe an //M3 or something. i'll probably always have an A1 to mess with, regardless of age and income. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by wrecker, 10:25 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
3,987 Posts

38, successfully transitioned from starving student to indebted adult. Got my first A1 (1984 Jetta GLI) brand new at age 21. Wife has sentimental attachment to the '87 Cabriolet, so I will be an A1 owner for life.
Drive 2000 Jetta VR6 on a daily basis.

·
Registered
295 Posts

27...had 4 VW's...3 Mk1's and a Mk3...currently on my 2nd '83 GTI...Not a student, anymore...been working full time for 8 years...still starving, though...haven't been to the grocery store for a couple months, too busy buying stuff for my GTI...working on the pic of the car.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Re: A1 owners Thread (SpdRAYcr)

i dont have any good pics of me with my car but i have 2 separate pics.
(I believe this is the first time posting a pic of myself in this forum)

I would post the other 2 cars but i dont want to hog bandwidth

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.