VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Re: A2 Round Grill on a Caddy (jetta4_nut)

uh ya with work and a standard rad support replacement wich involves cutting the old one out and welding one from a cabriolet or early rabbit one in, and for the grill you can just use one off a late model cabriolet like 91-92 they look almost identical to the a2 ones and you dont have the problem that the a2 one is wider than the car...

·
Registered
51 Posts

Look, just go to VEEPARTs.COM an order and core support w/ the round headlights for $110.00 and have it weld on to replace your current square lights core support.
MOst body shop will charge you $150 up to do the job. I have a '82 Caddy and I converted to the Rounds. It makes all the difference in the world. Oh! to top it off oder the badgeless grill. My Caddy is the **** already and I haven't completely finished it yet.
How do you go about posting picture on here?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: A2 Round Grill on a Caddy (WigzVWs)

Well I was trying to be different but gave myself a headache in the process. I also found a place which does the rad support and fenders for $210 + shipping.
I might have to check the veeparts.com place out though, $110 for rad support is a good price for sure.
To post pics all you have to do is click the image button which is to the left of the quote button and place your url in between the IMG and /IMG.
The cursor should already be in the middle when you click the button http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
All else fails goto the help forum, theres plenty of helpful hints there

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

Correction.. a cabriolet grille is wider then a mk 2. The mk2 grille only has 3 fins in it as opposed to i believe 12.
This car has the swap that you want with stock..Original 1984 rabbit gti fenders, the corner marker was welded and molded in the extra 1/4 inch on each side. And using the stock rad support, with brackets made changing the headlight bolt pattern.

close up

Good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts