VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Re: a3 commercial (Username A3)

Audi spent a good chunk of change on the launch of the A3 with a campaign that included television, print and internet exposure. The story had to do with the mystery disappearance of an A3...I didn't care for it much, but Audi doesn't have a very large advertising budget and they shot their wad at the beginning. I wouldn't expect to see any new A3 media for a while longer, esp. with the TT set to launch...

· Registered
218 Posts
Maybe I've missed them, but the only Audi ad's I can recall never feature a particular model, rather they tend to spotlight Quattro the technology.
In fact the only Audi ad I can think of off the top of my head is an A4 (hmm, maybe it's an A6 ? ) climbing a ski jump.
verm

· Registered
227 Posts
Re: (vermintrex)

I've heard (from friends in automotive marketing) that VW gets all the big marketing bucks, then gives the leftover budget to Audi.
I just noticed that the original A3 microsite it still up...you can see some of the A3 films that were done to promote the car, as well as some of the initial marketing materials.
http://www.audiusa.com/a3

· Registered
5,239 Posts
Re: (vermintrex)

Quote, originally posted by vermintrex »
In fact the only Audi ad I can think of off the top of my head is an A4 (hmm, maybe it's an A6 ? ) climbing a ski jump.

that would have been the A6, re-capturing the moment of the original UR-Quattro which did the same thing a few decades back

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Re: a3 commercial (buymenow00)

Quote, originally posted by buymenow00 »
Audi spent a good chunk of change on the launch of the A3 with a campaign that included television, print and internet exposure. The story had to do with the mystery disappearance of an A3...

I remember that ad now.... It was kind of clever, designed to drive people to the website to learn more about the mystery. I guess we were the targeted demographic.
I think Audi brand could develop some kind of comprehensive TV ad pretty soon, something that shows the whole lineup, A3 - Q7.
An Audi for everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.