VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm installing new speakers in my Jetta and I bought some dynamat to go along with it to help decrease rattle. How in the world do I remove the interior of the front doors in an A3 Jetta so I can apply the dynamat directly to the metal frame? I found little alan-wrenchable screw on the sides, and upon removing the two screws on the front edge of the door, I could only partly seperate the interior from the metal at the top, but I couldn't get any more to budge...
Any tips or battle tactics on it would be great, thanks!
- B

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
Re: A3 Jetta front door interior removal (Skorp)

Do you have a Bently ? Its worth the money , more than busting up your door and the rest of the car for that matter.
The door comes off very easy.
1] Unscrew door lock pin on top of door and remove
2] There are two pieces on the door handle to pop off, one's the part taht holds the power window switch, you'll figure out the other one as its right next to it.
3] with those off you'll notice there are two phillips screws holding the door down, take those out.
4] Pop out the bottom door light and disconnect the power
4] There are 7 alan screws to remove [ or at least I count seven in the holders in the picture. Take them off. Look at the picture below, you'll see a bunch of black clips around the edge of the white plastic. Each one of those holds in an allan screw. One's green .

If I were you I'd fiberglass this hole closed. Jetta doors eat bass unfortunatley.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.