VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2018 A3 premium from a local dealer about two weeks ago. The cut to the point, the stereo has sound quality issues that a hard reset fixes every time. The volume will not go up loud at all and the sound lowers right when the bass hits. A rock song with lots of bass drum hits literally sounds like a your quickly twisting the volume knob back and forth. This is not the speed volume, I know what that is and its turned off. This is like some sort of speaker protection but it has a glitch and goes WAY overboard. It cuts out highs and lows and it sounds like your listening to an 80s boom box. If you do a hard reset (already learned how to do it one handed while driving lol) it will fix the problem. bass comes back and it sounds loud and clear. Then 2 out of three times when I start the car up again its back and I have to reset while driving. I have found several threads already (on other sources, audi sport, reddit, audio forums) and no suggestions on a fix. Just lots of people going to the dealer and the dealer telling them its speaker protection, I know what speaker protection is and how it works, almost every modern car cuts back the lows the louder it gets. This system does that too when working correctly, but when it messes up its bad, like really bad, like your kids and wife ride in your new car and they ask why your stereo sounds like its out of a school bus bad. On top of that a hard reset fixes the problem and it sounds quite well. Wondering if anybody could help on here and maybe a fix through VCDS or OBD11?

To be clear, this is NOT the B&O system, I dont expect it to blow the windows out but there is a clear and obvious issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts