VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Super Bowl pre-game, just saw an amusing Audi commercial.
A4 and BMW 3-series driver go to their driveways and get into their cars.
A4 driver adjusts rear-view, has a good view of the road. BMW driver adjusts rear-view, has a good view of his face.
A4 driver backs out of driveway, and heads off to wherever. BMW driver sitting in driveway, looking in rear-view adjusting his hair.
I must admit, this was a much better commercial than some of their "inspirational' ones that I've seen previously. Should get a few more people to the stealerships.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Re: A4/BMW 3-series commercial (tonydule)

quote:[HR][/HR]The A4 is finally directly attacking the 3 Series[HR][/HR]​
and i think if people actually go out and look at a new A4 then they will see that its winning http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Re: A4/BMW 3-series commercial (fitch)

That commercial was funny, and VERY true. It seems more and more lately, the 3 series is appealing to the type who just wants a nice name on the hood of the car. Not hte type that truly is inspired by driving....

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Re: A4/BMW 3-series commercial (idrivequattro)

it is true, i looked at both and took the A4 3.0 because i think u are getting more of a driving machine for the same money, and you can beat quattro!!!
anyone know where i can find that commercial on the internet

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
40,609 Posts
Re: A4/BMW 3-series commercial (Mr_Mollari)

Here's the thing about that commercial. Audi would do ANYTHING to get the so-called "poseurs" to flock to A4's like they do to the 3-Series.
No one wants to be a small selling niche car. BMW has managed to build great driver's cars that also attract those looking for the latest "in-mobile." That's absolutely perfect because it maximizes sales numbers.
Also, it's not like their aren't plenty of "poseur" Audi drivers. If Audi drivers were so "driver first/anti-image" wouldn't they be spending their money on cheaper, better performing cars instead of marked up 'Dubs?
Sorry . . . playing Devil's Advocate. I love Audis, but there are two sides to every coin.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Re: A4/BMW 3-series commercial (Sporin)

Agreed....
But the beauty of the commercial is that they directly make fun of BMW drivers.
Also, I think as a whole, from what I have seen is that Audi drivers "stay" audi drivers. It seems as though BMW drivers are the ones more likely to "cross" over brands. There is no quantifiable evidence of this of course, just my observations>

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Re: A4/BMW 3-series commercial (idrivequattro)

quote:[HR][/HR]Agreed....
But the beauty of the commercial is that they directly make fun of BMW drivers.
Also, I think as a whole, from what I have seen is that Audi drivers "stay" audi drivers. It seems as though BMW drivers are the ones more likely to "cross" over brands. There is no quantifiable evidence of this of course, just my observations>[HR][/HR]​
a BMW stays a BMW driver, however a mercedes driver is more of a poseur and a mercedes driver will switch over. BMW's are driving machines just like Audi's, but because BMW's have such an image you do have poseur's driving them

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.