VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Audi A4 Daytona Grey with sport and black optic packages. 2019 GTi SE White Silver DSG.
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've got a 2019 A4 with sport package with annoying brake squeal when the temps are at or below about 35F. Took delivery in December 2019 and they started squealing in the first 1000 miles so I took it to the dealer for that and flat spots on the tires and they said to just drive it. My wife and I then left for warmer weather and when we returned both had disappeared due to the much warmer temps upon getting back.

Flash forward to this Winter with only 3500 miles on the clock and as soon as the temps dropped the squeal returned. Dealer just resurfaced pads and used a "low squeak" product on them but they still squealed on the drive home and maybe worse.

The car was delivered to the dealer in late August/early September 2019 and sat unmoved on the back lot. It had 11 miles on the clock when delivered the following December so my guess is there was quite a bit of corrosion on the rotors that may have glazed the pads. We've had many VW's/Audi's including a 2017 A4 that never had this issue so it's frustrating.

Any one with similar issue and any advice on how to correct it? It's embarrassing pulling up to a stoplight or being stuck in the drive through line.

Thanks,

Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts